• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Maiden Voyage in the 69 RR vert...

chapdog105

Reaction score
Although it's only about 90% done, I was able to take her for a short little spin today. I drove it around the block a few times, and racked up her first 2 miles on the clock. I took my six year old son, Nathan with me. I let him sit in the front and steer a bit, too.
We put the emblems and side-markers on after the ride.
It's soooo close to being done, and should be home in a few weeks. My builder is a really good guy, and excellent at restoring these old Mopars. He works full-time at Chrysler, and restores Mopars after work and on the weekends. Hoping to have her done for the Woodward Cruise, which is only about 20 miles from my house.

Here's a link to a video of me taking her for a spin (there's a short dead spot in the middle). The second is my builder, Roman driving her in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c_E_Bkirzo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK-apqCytUY

I've attached some updated pics below...
20140713_161949.jpg

20140713_162316.jpg

20140713_162256.jpg

20140713_173122.jpg

20140713_173122.jpg

20140713_173840.jpg

20140713_184240.jpg

20140713_184310.jpg

Last edited:

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score
Nice looks great,
I haven't been here in a while to check up on everyone's builds

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
not much of a shine after all that work.......:acme::acme::acme::jester::jester::jester::worship::worship::worship:

69convert

Reaction score
wow!very nice, a standard I can shoot for with my convert. I'll have buddy's telling me about the nice RR vert. on Woodward Ave. and how I need to get painting. Bring it down to the Park and Shine show in Toledo on Sept. 7, it's a good show.

peresvet24

Reaction score
looks beautiful:drool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Alex.

help me to understand about the air intake chamber which is attached to the inner side of the hood is an option if only for 440 and 426:huh::huh:

Last edited:

chapdog105

Reaction score
looks beautiful:drool::thumbsup::thumbsup: Alex.

help me to understand about the air intake chamber which is attached to the inner side of the hood is an option if only for 440 and 426:huh::huh:

Thanks!

Are you asking about the Air Grabber set-up / N96 option? If so, it was available on 383 and 426 Road Runners in 69. The only 440 cars in 69 would've been the 440 6-barrel / A12 cars put out mid-year during the 69 production year, hence the name 69.5 or 69 1/2 cars. The A12 cars had the fiberglass hood with exposed or open air scoop. My car didn't have the N96 option, but I may purchase one down the road...after I pay off all these credit cards from car parts.

My car doesn't have the original 383. My dad ditched it back in 1981 and replaced it with a 440. He never fully installed the 440, it just sat on the k-member for 25 years. I figured since my dad intended for it to be a 440 car, it only seems right to keep it that way and use the old 440 he purchased. I could've just as easily bought a 383 for it, but wanted the car the way my father intended and dreamed of it all those years ago. So I did the car up as close to factory as I could, taking a few liberties along the way to enhance the car (in my opinion). I added the V21 stripes because I absolutely love the look and wouldn't have it any other way. I added disc brakes up front and a power brake booster. I went with an electronic ignition system. I also tossed the 8 3/4 one legger with a 3.23 and replaced it with a badass Strange S60 (Dana) with a 3.73 with Sure Grip. I also added US Car Tool subframe connectors and new torque boxes. I also need headrests for my bucket seats, but I'll worry about that down the road. I didn't realize that my car originally had headrests when I had the seats done a few years back. Of course the wheels and tires aren't correct, but that's also intentional.

I'm sure I missed a few other things that aren't correct that all the "experts" will point out at shows. I never intended for it to be 100% correct or original. I just want a bad ass 69 RR vert that I'm proud of at shows, will tear up a few sets of tires, spank a few Mustangs, and that I can enjoy with my family and friends for many years to come. I think I got that! Can't wait to pick it up soon.

Last edited:

chapdog105

Reaction score
wow!very nice, a standard I can shoot for with my convert. I'll have buddy's telling me about the nice RR vert. on Woodward Ave. and how I need to get painting. Bring it down to the Park and Shine show in Toledo on Sept. 7, it's a good show.

I'm so bummed that I have to miss Woodward this year. I live so close to the cruise that I'll get to enjoy it for several years to come. It just sucks being so close to finished and not getting to partipate. My builder thinks he'll have the car just about done on Sunday.

I work down near Toledo. I'm a principal with Bedford Public Schools in Michigan, just north of the MI/OH border. I'll have to check that show out.

chapdog105

Reaction score
The top is fully adjusted, as well as all of the glass. Still having some fit issues here and there...damn convertible. :facepalm:
My body guy is going to align the gaps after I drive her a little bit.

My builder is hoping to have all the little things wrapped up this week. I may her home on Sunday afternoon. We'll see...

The old girl has one BIG 383 in her...:groucho:

RR57.jpg

RR55.jpg

69convert

Reaction score
scored my first TD in high school against the Mules in 1973. A lot of great Mopar's around Bedford including a aluminum fender 64 Ply

Back