• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Match 1,000 yards in the wind

Tempest 455

Reaction score
Thought some mike like this. My son (who I posted before) did his 3rd ever 1,000 yard match last weekend. This one however, was the worst conditions we could have been in. T-storm came in and when we we got there, you could not see the targets from the firing line. After the storm, it was wind all day, which is killer at 1,000 yards. Wind is what separates the men from the boys and it was an interesting day!

Despite the killer wind, he shot a 515 out of 600. When we got done, guy next to me asked how my son did and I said 515. He said I guarantee there are grown men that did not shoot that. Turns out only 17 people out of 26 even turned in score cards.

1st pic, you can't see 1,000, that's the 600 berm ahead. He looks a little pissed.

2nd pic, storm moved through. Wind flags don't look good.

3rd pic. one of his 10's for the day. X's were pretty hard to come by in the wind.

4th pic, break time pulling targets in the pits.

IMG_1647.jpg

AEDC match 10,6,13.jpg

IMG_1657.jpg

IMG_1650.jpg

cj69RR

Reaction score
That's tough shooting conditions, still think you have one hell of a shooter there! He will only get better.

Rocket

Reaction score
Hats off! What platform does he run? R700? What scope? I run a custom R700 with a Mark 4 scope.

Tempest 455

Reaction score
Hats off! What platform does he run? R700? What scope? I run a custom R700 with a Mark 4 scope.

It's a Savage 10 BA. Millet 25X scope. I load his ammo. Lapua brass, 175g SMK and Varget.

We just got back from a fun shoot today and hit the 1,100 yard target on his 1st shot, and was very windy again. Got showed up by my son once again!

Back