• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Matt888 Intro

Matt888

Reaction score
I'm a Diving, Fishing, and Muscle Car Nut! I currently have a 1967 Mustang Fastback (A Code 289). Some prior vehicles I've own and sold include various mustangs from the 90's (Cobras and GT's), 03' Corvette Z06. I'm currently picking up a real mess of a 69 Road Runner. Essentially it's a rolling shell that needs all new metal, missing it's fender tag, but has a matching driveline (383 Magnum, 833 4-spd, original differential).

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I think I had that car but it didn't have the driveline :jester:
welcome to the site and post up some pics!

Freebird.jpg

Matt888

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. I'm sure I'm in way over my head, but oh well.

Dave, your car in the pic looks 100% more complete. I'll get pics up here in due time. Mine will be basically a rolling rusty chassis... supposedly the frame is good though, but it will need ALL new metal. It's so bad! With no build sheet or fender tag, I'll never know what all of the options were but there's plenty of original paint (it's either red or maroon). The dash frame and driveline VIN's all match though, so I guess that's kind of cool. My intent would be to restore it to a nice driver/street/strip car and make it close to original, but not try to pass it off as something it is not (again, I'll have no fender tag) :(. Thanks for the support!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I lost that car to a garage fire in '07.About the only good thing on the body was new 1/4 skins. everything else was either junk or missing. The front clip (plus one inner fender0 needed replaced. The doors needed alot of work,trunklid full of bondo,thrunk floor ws cut out and replaced with a rusted piece of sheetmetal,interiot totally trashed. But I had a blast hunting parts,horse trading to get it on the road.

cj69RR

Reaction score
Welcome. Sounds like you have the perfect car to make it however you want. And it's got the right pieces to start with.

Back