• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

mcmopar got me going

trim88

Reaction score
Not sure you all know the story with me and mcmopar but I finally acquired my 69 RR. He posted the story in Tech forum.
Yes, mcmopar was really the one to get me going. I really wanted his car. I was trying to trade a Branson Missouri 3 acre waterfront lot that is on Table Rock Lake for a RR and since mcmopar didn't need that I was working on another deal that fell through to pay cash for his car . Guy just couldn't get quite enough to close the deal....so mcmopar got left out in the cold, which I really felt bad about.
I was then able to work a 3 way partial trade (which wasn't mcmopar's but I'm still excited about it) and acquire a 69 F8 (Had to be an F8 color) color 383 w/4spd, matching numbers, original interior, fairly fresh paint ext.
I will be the 3rd owner, well actually the 4th. The 2nd owner died and left it to his brother, just stayed in the same family. It actually has 52,483 original miles. Has pistol grip shifter instead of orig ball and high back bucket seats which John says are 70 seats not original.
The only difference in this car and the one I owned in 1970 is the bucket seats, my old one had a bench seat. The original gears, carb, ignition and wheels came with the deal.
Unfortunately, it drives just like a forty year old too. It seems the steering requires too many turns of the wheel to steer and there is a vibration around 45 that feels like a u-joint or something that is not quite right.
It's a long read but here is the poop sheet:
Engine displacement: Factory numbers matching 383 Magnum with Carter 4-barrel carburetor; racing cam @ 400-HP with 52k original miles; factory date coded fender tag; Factory date coded (laminated) build sheet; factory correct 4 speed manual transmission with Hurst shifter; factory rear-end with 3.91 gears with original gears in storage; factory Tic-Toc-Tachometer; factory thumb dial am-fm-radio; factory carpet and glass throughout; interior in exceptional condition with front black bucket and rear bench seats displaying factory shoulder front and rear seat belts; body color is factory F-8 dark green; magnum 500 chrome rims with new BF-Goodrich tires; factory steel magnum 500 rims and tires in storage; Factory drum brakes throughout; factory steering wheel with beep-beep horn;

(Engine Bay & Drive Train)

• Complete restoration of 4 speed manual transmission, replace all bearings, seals, gaskets, synchronize blocking rings, counter shaft etc; restoration of factory rear-end replacing factory gears with 3.91 and placing factory gears in storage; 42 tooth speedometer gear to coincide with new 3.90 gears; restoration of factory clutch disk, pressure plate, resurfaced flywheel, throw out bearings etc; new edelbroch carburetor with factory Carter Carb in storage; new electronic ignition and distributor with factory distributor in storage; new custom 2.5 inch Hedman elite coated (life-time) headers, mufflers and exhaust; replacement front idler arms and bushings with front-end alignment; new fuel tank, sending unit and fuel lines; up to date engine tune-up, wires etc; replaced valve cover gaskets; new electronic ignition kit with new distributor, cap, rotor, and ignition module; new u-joints; engine balanced and blue printed; however, no paper work;

(Exterior Body & under carriage)

• Body is in exceptional condition; factory windows and rocker panel moldings; factory door and window seals; trunk bay completely restored with new R&LH panels, extensions, and rubber seals and painted to match factory paint; exceptional factory front and rear chrome bumpers; restoration of R&LH rear body rails; restoration of R&LH rear shackle perches; restoration of R&LH front torsion bar mounts with under carriage sprayed with rust proofing material; Wheel tubs in perfect condition; R&LH rear shock cross members; R&LH rear cross members; R&LH leaf spring shackle kit; new fuel tank, straps, truck floor braces, stainless steel support straps; fuel sending unit and fuel lines.
My wife loves it, not the car but the fact I'll be spending a lot of time out of the house and in the garage. :yesnod: Oh well, I'm beaming from ear to ear, trim88

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Way to go sounds like you got a good one :thumbsup: And on another note, Johnny Mcmopar I didn't know you wanted to sell out of the GREEN team :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
As Bob said, sounds like you got a great car there! Have fun with it and welcome to the GREEN team!!!!! :thumbsup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
sounds like a sweet deal. welcome my Green Brother, hope there's pics on here somewhere..mine is suppose to be F8 too. someday soon (I hope) it will be again..and if you decide you want a factory shifter instead of that big ol Pistol Grip...i know where I can lay my hands on one...... :drool:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
hate to think of you selling your runner John, but at least it wasn;t for $$ like last year. but '68 Coronets are great too.

mcmopar

Reaction score
I felt like Jim would be the one to let it go to but I'm glad we were able to add a Green Team Member instead of just transfer one.
Jim, the car sounds like a nice ride. 3.91 gears will definitely give it some good snap! I've got a 3.91 chunk that I'm going to put in mine when it comes time to go Pure Stock racing.
The body on yours is better than mine, that's for sure and you'll get it sorted out before too long.
It would have been weird going to the B5 Blue Team with the Coronet R/T, however it was just not to be. Glad you got your new ride! :drive:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice score! :thumbsup:

FYI - no Tic-Toc-Tach. Not unless someone swapped a different (Charger/Coronet/'70 RR) dash in your car... :popcorn:

John - would have been REALLY WEIRD to come over to Old Town and not get fumigated by the old quasi-F8 girl... :lol:

:jester:
ACME

mcmopar

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Nice score! :thumbsup:

FYI - no Tic-Toc-Tach. Not unless someone swapped a different (Charger/Coronet/'70 RR) dash in your car... :popcorn:

John - would have been REALLY WEIRD to come over to Old Town and not get fumigated by the old quasi-F8 girl... :lol:

:jester:
ACME

:jester: Hopefully I will have that problem solved when I install the new cam. Eventually when it is back to Pure Stock I'll only kill half the people behind me!

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Nice score on that car :thumbsup:

and I must say your taste in colors is A+++++++++++

There are guys like us that have the beautiful GREEN cars and them that wish they did :lmao:

Back