• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mecum Auction

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
ray.....you are soooo right......X2..same here
buildm/drivem/abusem/enjoym....thats me in my time machine :drive: :drive: :drive: :drive:

x3
She ain't perfect, but she's mine. I do what I can when I can and have a little fun in between with it. When you add up your receipts at the end of the day, it is what it is. That's my take on it anyway. :drive:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I agree with you guys. I didn't buy my car as an investment, but I was looking for the best price I could get when I bought it. Which I think I got back In '05. It also isn't a perfect car and won't win any awards at the big shows. But again, that's not why I have it. I'm gonna enjoy driving it as much as I can, and take care of the small problems that come up. I also think that the big auction houses have helped drive the prices way up, causing many people to think that if it sold for a certain price at auction, then it must be worth that price. I see those things as a place where two or more people with bottomless pockets who don't care what they pay for a car they want. That is what ends up hurting the rest of us who want to have one of these cars.

joewhite440

Reaction score
Just drive them and love doing it like we did when we were younger (or for you young guys like you are doing now)! I will not own one that I cannot drive or hammer it if I want? I do believe that is what they were built for (Right George).
And yes Mecom people said that prices have rebounded some from last year when compared!

Good discussion!!!

droptop

Reaction score
joewhite440 said:
Just drive them and love doing it like we did when we were younger (or for you young guys like you are doing now)! I will not own one that I cannot drive or hammer it if I want? I do believe that is what they were built for (Right George).
And yes Mecom people said that prices have rebounded some from last year when compared!

Good discussion!!!

That is exactly why I keep all of my cars with plates and insurance. If I feel like getting one out, I do it. No matter if it is to drive 2800 miles on the Power Tour, or just to back out of the garage to do a burn out. :cents:

moparchris

Reaction score
A31, I hope you aren't viewing this as a personal attack from the dudes. The auctions always bring up mixed emotions. Some people are frustrated about the prices of the cars we love and now most blue collar guys cant afford. Its all because of the big auction houses and the TV coverage where booze swilling bazillionaires bid for sport and have effectively priced some people out of the hobby we love. I for one poke around and work deals to death so that I can buy a dream car (or10) so that I can satisfy my love and craving for these tire smokin beasts. Its also a touchy subject because some of us (me included) have more money in our cars than their worth, which doesn't really matter unless you are looking to get your money back. With all that said I do record all the car auctions on cable and love to watch them for all the pretty cars. We are a good bunch of enthusiasts here and great guys who love these cars for what they are, and they love to profess this love freely, which is why they seem so passionate about this subject. Clear as mud? Good, carry on.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
I also think that the big auction houses have helped drive the prices way up, causing many people to think that if it sold for a certain price at auction, then it must be worth that price.

This is why freshly washed original '69 Hemi Road Runners are worth a half million dollars... :basketcase:

:jester:

mcmopar

Reaction score
Stop kidding around - it's really annoying... :acme: :acme: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Roadcuda said:
I also think that the big auction houses have helped drive the prices way up, causing many people to think that if it sold for a certain price at auction, then it must be worth that price.

This is why freshly washed original '69 Hemi Road Runners are worth a half million dollars... :basketcase:

I'm going to go wash mine :banana: :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
you better hurry up before it freezes again :D
We did have a couple of cold nights but its getting much better now :yesnod:

A31PKG

Reaction score
I appreciate the passion...

Value is a viable component of the classic car hobby - especially MOPARS - at least for me...
In many cases it determines how we insure 'em, drive 'em, restore 'em, etc etc....

Now I'll change the subject:

How about that Super Bowl?

:cheers:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Roadcuda said:

Would it still be worth that much if was washed, say, the day before? Or does it have to "freshly," washed???:lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
ACME A12 said:
Roadcuda said:

Would it still be worth that much if was washed, say, the day before? Or does it have to "freshly," washed???:lol:
I'm still washing cause I don't know :lol:

andy69

Reaction score
We watch the Mecum Auction over here in Australia,what a laugh,we cant believe how cheap they sell for,you could double that down here,i mean owning a muscle car in the usa is so affordable.We pay so much for parts,or even getting anything mechanical done ,its probably due to our population,travel etc...but somehow we manage to find those extra pennies....cheers

mannye

Reaction score
mcmopar said:
Stop kidding around - it's really annoying... :acme: :acme: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Oh Nelly! I about fell off my chair laughing with that one! Way to pull that one out of your hat!
:thumbsup:

Back