• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Meguiar's Cleaner Wax

TOMRR

Reaction score
After using Meguiar's Cleaner Wax , should you rewax with Meguiar's Gold with Carnauba or is just the cleaner wax enough !!!!!

Thanks Tom C.

ricks_RR

Reaction score
I just did the same thing with the cleaner wax .when I was down in Carlisle the guy at the meguiars booth told me to use the carnauba wax after the cleaner .you do need to use the wax again because it cleans so put the carnaubagold on next that is what I am doing now

dmartin

Reaction score
Yea I like that spray wash and wax, ever since I got my car back from paint I don't get any water on it cause sometimes you can't get all of it off before you know it you get rust

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

droptop

Reaction score
Even though they say it won't hurt base/clear, I will only use the cleaner wax on enamel and single stage urathan (sp?). There is a light abrasive in it that is not good for some clear coats. Especially newer paint that has not had plenty of time to cure. :cents:

mac

What ?
Reaction score
for me it is wash with actual soap made for washing cars, a wool mit, and silicone squegee. if i feel energetic, i will then use a clay bar and detail spray. when that is done i use turtle wax ice because it will not dry cloudy on black surfaces.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Even though they say it won't hurt base/clear, I will only use the cleaner wax on enamel and single stage urathan (sp?). There is a light abrasive in it that is not good for some clear coats. Especially newer paint that has not had plenty of time to cure. :cents:

don't have that worry with primer......:stuckup:

moparchris

Reaction score
I agree with what others have said, however I like to wash the car between cleaner wax and pure carnuba. The abrasive in the cleaner wax will linger on unless you wash it off.

bernardotom

Reaction score
Is this really all that complicated? Not trying to be critical, but my reference pt. is-my RR has a Maaco paint job (actually 2) (I didn't do it-done by former owner. I believe its single stage. Regular Turtle wax was terrible.

Back