• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mice

TOMRR

Reaction score
What's every one doing to keep mice in check in their garage !!! I have put down decon and sticky pads, any thing else that could be done ??

Tom C.

moparmonk

Reaction score
I have had great success with dryer sheets. They smell a butt-load better than mothballs when you haul it out in the spring too! 8 or 10 in all different places. Two to three years running with no horror stories.

TOMRR

Reaction score
Yea I got three Cats But their very Lazy !!! lol

TOMRR

Reaction score
I put down some sticky pads and got two this am

69B5

Reaction score
I don't like to put decon down. Mice consider it food and I don't want to invite them in. Even if it's their last meal. lol
I have two plug in pest repeller's that I have electric wired to set on the floor. After all that's were the mice are.
My cars are not stored in any heated garage. Again, I don't want to give the mice a reason to move in.
Dryer sheets and moth balls under the cars and that's it.
I have had no problems so far.

mac

What ?
Reaction score
dryer sheets work well as do bars of irish spring soap. have used the soap for the last 10 years and no problems and car smells great in spring.

MsBeep

Reaction score
dryer sheets work well as do bars of irish spring soap. have used the soap for the last 10 years and no problems and car smells great in spring.

Aye, and the lasses like it too!! :groucho: I haven't had problems with mice, but I'd be willing to try the dryer sheets in and under the car - just to be sure. Thanks for the info Mac - I'd not heard about using Irish Spring soap as mouse repeller before today.

Last edited:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
not mouse repeller, Canadian repellent....:acme::jester:

droptop

Reaction score
All I use is electronic repellents. I have not even seen any evidence of mice in the 9 years of having my pole barn. That's more that I can say for the house. We caught one the other night in the bathroom.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
All I use is electronic repellents. I have not even seen any evidence of mice in the 9 years of having my pole barn. That's more that I can say for the house. We caught one the other night in the bathroom.

What are the devices you're using Harold?

DEN

Reaction score
I found this website stoppestinfo.com Effective Measures to Kill rats.
Hope it helps

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
Just...when... I was starting to like you... Maybe there is some kind of F8 addiction rehab available for:jester: like you...

after seeing what the paint is going to cost, I'm slowly turning into Switzerland and fully embracing neutral Grey. Not sure of the paint code though....

jays69bird

Reaction score
I use the old fashioned traps that have the trigger that looks like a piece of cheese,the Victor brand ones,the knockoffs don't work as they take the bait and don't trip them. A bit of peanut butter on the trigger and set them along the walls. Keep it up till you see no more mice in the traps.
BM032-24_1.jpg

Attachments

• BM032-24_1.jpg
    BM032-24_1.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back