• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Milling the 906

dbc105

Reaction score
How much can I mill off my 906 heads both on the deck face and the intake face and the intake still fit without having to mill it? I plan to go with a set of small chamber Stealths as money allows but in the mean time I would like to close these up a bit. McCandless told me I can cut .070 off the face and not have an issue with cracking but we didn't discuss the intake and whether it would have to cut as well as the intake side of the head. I don't want to cut my intake so I'm asking to see if there is a standard most folks go by.

Thanks,
DC

droptop

Reaction score
I have taken of 30 thou without any issues. But I used a composite head gasket instead of a shim gasket that the factory used. That puts it back it almost the same height. So I can see 70 thou not being an issue if you use a composite gasket. But you may have to shim the rocker shafts if you take that much off just to keep the valve lash happy.

dbc105

Reaction score
I was planning to use the MOPAR shim gasket, .020. Manchini has a shim kit for the rocker shafts so I wasn't too worried about that. I just wanted to make sure enough could come off the intake side of the head so my intake doesn't have to cut.

Back