• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Minn-e-sotaha

Jim S.

Reaction score
It was 99 today (Friday) with a 79 degree dewpoint with no wind. I loved it! Along with the Minnesota government shutdown, it was a real good day.......... :thumbsup:

gunnar

Reaction score
It was hot here yesterday. Never saw rocks sweat before. Luckily I was able to spend the afternoon wakeboarding with my boys. The storms that followed the heat were pretty fierce.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Government is over rated :jester: Illinois is in trouble I hear the gas cards the state patrol use is being rejected do to non payment.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Government is over rated :jester: Illinois is in trouble I hear the gas cards the state patrol use is being rejected do to non payment.
Here in the Constipation State the wimp legislators, controlled by the tax and spend Dems, gave our Governor dictatorship powers to make budget cut powers because they rushed a so called balanced budget through before the state unions could vote on a concessions package, that they later voted down! That only left a 1.6 billion gap in the budget. And this is on top of forcing down our throats the biggest tax hikes in state history.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
69hemibeep said:
Here in the Constipation State the wimp legislators, controlled by the tax and spend Dems, gave our Governor dictatorship powers to make budget cut powers because they rushed a so called balanced budget through before the state unions could vote on a concessions package, that they later voted down! That only left a 1.6 billion gap in the budget. And this is on top of forcing down our throats the biggest tax hikes in state history.
I hope you keep the internet tax to yourselves :yesnod:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:
I hope you keep the internet tax to yourselves :yesnod:

X2!!!
Sooner or later I'll bet that everyone gets in on that one. We did luck out on one idea they had. There was a proposal to increase the assessment value of our old cars from $500 to $2500 but that didn't go thorough. At least one thing went right!

Jim S.

Reaction score
Reason for the shutdown. Gov. Dayton who barely won on a recount and court proceedings, wants to maintain our welfare state. We pay over 37% of the state's budget on entitlement programs. You can apply for food stamps over the phone up here! Republicans took control of Minnesota's congress last year for the first time in nearly 40 years. About time for some "adult supervision". They want to balance the budget and get us out of the 5 billion dollar hole. Dayton's answer is to keep the status quo and make the rich pay their fair share. At first I thought he meant people that were bringing down a couple of million a year. Nope. 150K for a individual and 250K for a couple. Hell that could be the guy who owns a two stall body shop. So it might be awhile before the lockout is over. That means I can't buy Powerball tickets anymore. There goes the retirement plan!
:soap:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Jim S. said:
Reason for the shutdown. Gov. Dayton who barely won on a recount and court proceedings, wants to maintain our welfare state. We pay over 37% of the state's budget on entitlement programs. You can apply for food stamps over the phone up here! Republicans took control of Minnesota's congress last year for the first time in nearly 40 years. About time for some "adult supervision". They want to balance the budget and get us out of the 5 billion dollar hole. Dayton's answer is to keep the status quo and make the rich pay their fair share. At first I thought he meant people that were bringing down a couple of million a year. Nope. 150K for a individual and 250K for a couple. Hell that could be the guy who owns a two stall body shop. So it might be awhile before the lockout is over. That means I can't buy Powerball tickets anymore. There goes the retirement plan!
BTW it was 118 yesterday and it cooled to 90 :lol: Get rid of those entitlements and the Somalians will go else where.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Jim S. said:
BTW it was 118 yesterday and it cooled to 90 :lol: Get rid of those entitlements and the Somalians will go else where.
Jim, I was trying that route for instant wealth an finally gave up because all I was doing was getting poorer instead! :lmao: And Bob, you know that won't happen because they'll lose their vote source! :drive: :brickwall:

Back