• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monday night at the Smokehaus..Redemption

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Re: Monday night at the Smokehaus..

Basketcase said:
I like the General Lee. I watched the TV series every week( for Cathy Bach as well.. :drool: ). but like anything, too much of a good thing. Kinda like Blue Cars...... :rimshot: :basketcase: :acme: :banana: (wait...was that the sound of Dudley DoRight going back to the Fort?)color]

I enjoyed the show too. And if someone has one of the actual cars from the show, then good for them. If it is just another f'n clone then I'm over it. Especially when it isn't even the correct year... Jiminy Christmas... Why not cut the roof off of a '74 Cuda, paint it school bus yellow, and call it a Nash Bridges 'Cuda? Paint any mid-80's Camaro or Firebird black, put some flashing lights in the grill, and call it KITT. Might as well grab a '68 Torino, paint it red and white, slap a portable blue cop light on the roof, and let's have some Starsky & Hutch action while we're busy not bothering to get it right... :D

Any Charger that gets morphed into one of those things at this stage of the game is just a waste of a perfectly good Charger IMHO. :soap:

Dudley has your hood strapped to the back end of his horse... :lol:

:jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score

ACME A12 said:
[ Why not cut the roof off of a '74 Cuda, paint it school bus yellow, and call it a Nash Bridges 'Cuda? quote]

actually they DID that. the last show where they blow up a look a like of Nash's 'cuda.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score

ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:
I like the General Lee. I watched the TV series every week( for Cathy Bach as well.. :drool: ). but like anything, too much of a good thing. Kinda like Blue Cars...... :rimshot: :basketcase: :acme: :banana: (wait...was that the sound of Dudley DoRight going back to the Fort?)color]

I enjoyed the show too. And if someone has one of the actual cars from the show, then good for them. If it is just another f'n clone then I'm over it. Especially when it isn't even the correct year... Jiminy Christmas... Why not cut the roof off of a '74 Cuda, paint it school bus yellow, and call it a Nash Bridges 'Cuda? Paint any mid-80's Camaro or Firebird black, put some flashing lights in the grill, and call it KITT. Might as well grab a '68 Torino, paint it red and white, slap a portable blue cop light on the roof, and let's have some Starsky & Hutch action while we're busy not bothering to get it right... :D

Any Charger that gets morphed into one of those things at this stage of the game is just a waste of a perfectly good Charger IMHO. :soap:

Dudley has your hood strapped to the back end of his horse... :lol:

You are very opinionated on the subject and some would say narrow minded, but not me, I agree. Oh how about an Elenore or a Transformer freekin camaro.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score

marty....before we get too off track.....do they have a good turnout on monday nites??

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score

george68hemirr said:
marty....before we get too off track.....do they have a good turnout on monday nites??
Are you trying to derail us :jester:

sixgunrunner68

Reaction score

george68hemirr said:
When the weather is good, yes. I'd say somewhere around 75 cars is a good night. Last week was cloudy so there were'nt nearly as many. They have some good eats there, (it's a German Smokehouse) and you get a free cone if you bring a car. Not a huge incentive, but it's cool.

Derail accomplished.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score

69hemibeep said:
You are very opinionated on the subject and some would say narrow minded, but not me, I agree.

So we're both narrow-minded??? :lmao:

Just to be clear - I was just stating MY opinion. I wasn't advocating that anyone that builds one of these overdone to the nth degree pieces of poo should be rounded up and put in prison camp. At the end of the day the rules are simple: It is their car and they can do what they want with it. But I don't have to like it and I don't have to keep my mouth shut if I don't. As I told Stuie in another thread recently "variety is the spice of life". However, in this context I will add that the freedom of speech is the cornerstone of our Democracy. :cents:

Enough of the redneck Charger talk. Doesn't anyone have a nice tubbed-out Metropolitan pic they want to share with me??? :D

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score

Thanks guys! I iike 'em stock or heavily modified... :D

Very clever post, Dave... :lol:

Back