• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopar Eastern Classic

RoadRunnerJD

Reaction score
Anyone planning to go to the Mopar show and race at Maryland International Raceway on 10/27? I will be there. My friend will have his (red) 11 second FAST Superbee there. It runs 11.6's @ 117 on belted redlines and stock exhaust manifolds. Hopefully it will be a nice day!

red 69 runner

Reaction score
I will be there,my friend has a 69 road runner and runs in the non electronic class,runs in the 9s.looking forward to seeing some older mopars.

preddy

Reaction score
RoadRunnerJD said:
Anyone planning to go to the Mopar show and race at Maryland International Raceway on 10/27? I will be there. My friend will have his (red) 11 second FAST Superbee there. It runs 11.6's @ 117 on belted redlines and stock exhaust manifolds. Hopefully it will be a nice day!

I will be there! John, is that you?! I recognize your car. It looks just like mine (well, mostly, kinda, sorta).

Joe

preddy

Reaction score
RoadRunnerJD said:
Hi Joe! Yeah, hope the weather holds out!

Hey John,

They're calling for a chance of rain late. The event starts early so it should not be an issue. I just want to get some runs in. I bought one of those R/T Garage Revonators orange/chrome box replacements. I want to make a couple of passes with my chrome box and then switch over and see what happens. I was hoping to make some all out passes but I think the air will be sub par with high humidity so ETs won't be exceptional. I'm also thinking about disconnecting the secondaries and just racing on the 2bbl. Less wear and tear and a little bit more consistent. We'll see how it goes...

Joe

RoadRunnerJD

Reaction score
I borrowed a set of slicks, put my pinion snubber back on and it feels pretty good! I'm just looking to do a shake down run or two because I have never been able to do an all out pass from the start with my street tires. There is just no control with street tires. I have no idea how the secondaries are going to work when I floor it from the start. I also don't have a tach so I'll probably just leave it in drive rather than trying to shift that column shifter. I do have a Turbo Action valve body and could shift it manually if I wanted. It depends on how it acts. My peak HP is at 5600 rpm so I may find that I need to shift manually if it short shifts when I leave it in drive? It will be all new for me. I have only ever raced with a 4 speed!

A31PKG

Reaction score
Well, it turned out to be an OK day...a bit breezy and cool at times, but all in all a great day for MOPAR watching. Congrats to JD for running a 12.8 @ 105!! It was neat to see an otherwise 100-point show car go out and kick some a$$!! Wheel spinners and all....

red 69 runner

Reaction score
I guess with the impending doom of frankestorm it kept alot of people from attending,this was my first time attending this event and even with the low turnout it was still a good day.On the way down I passed Capitol Raceway and they were haveing a nostalga drag event the traffic to get in was all the way out to rt3,maybe next year they can have the 2 events on 2 different days?Jd is your buddys Bee have the stock 383 in it?that car ran good but smoked a bit like my original 383 in my road runner,just goes to show you how much those motors will take,I just rebuilt my front end and need a front end alighnment before driveing anywhere,just finished it Thursday night,next year I plan on driving it to the event. Mike

RoadRunnerJD

Reaction score
The Bee has a stroked 400 all out 525 HP race motor in it. It looks like a stock 383 but looks can be deceiving!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that's a sweet bunch of cars :drool: thanks for sharing. The Bee is awsome :thumbsup:

red 69 runner

Reaction score
The white 69 road runner is my friend,he put it on the trailer after the 2nd run,something wasnt right.

A31PKG

Reaction score
I finally figured out the photobucket thing.... I hope BIG is proud of me....

Back