• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOPAR festival of speed at Willow Springs Raceway "big track"

earlyrides

Reaction score
Have you ever wanted to run your old Bird flat out with no chance of being nabbed by Johnny Law?

here is your chance!

I got this invite recently from Tim Herren of Alltime Racing for the Spring Fling Festival of Speed out at Willow Springs Raceway.

When: Thursday April 3, 2014 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM PDT2014

Where: WSIR
3500 75th Street West
Rosamond, CA 93560
Driving Directions

Dear Vince,
Announcing our next track day. This Spring event has become a favorite with drivers and spectators. While this event is not crowded, it provides for lots of quality track time with a wide variety of cars. Many drivers come from out of state as far away as Texas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Oregon, and Canada. There will be a mix of current production cars as well as vintage cars.

We are thinking about adding something new this year. Some drag racing on the front straightaway briefly during lunch. This would be for a limited number of cars, for a small fee, to cover a cash prize for the top cars. Let me know you think!

Click here for event and payment info, Alltime Racing web page.

http://alltimeracing.com/

If you have questions or need more info shoot me an email or give me a call.

Dont forget to sign up to get the discount.
Sincerely,

Tim Herren

therren_2000@yahoo.com
310-227-3247

earlyrides

Reaction score
Sure its a bit far for you mid-west and east coast guys but I have seen some guys that fly out and then rent a new challenger for the day to attend the event.
Just be sure to get the "full coverage" insurance.
You know....Just in case...

And after the winter you guys have been having I would think that the snow might not even be gone by April and you might be jonesing for some Mopar muscle car fun.

earlyrides

Reaction score
Google map willow springs

PERESVET24 - You may want to google map "willow springs" or "3500 75th Street West Rosamond, CA 93560"
This is the fastest road course in the west and a frickin blast to drive around.
Speeds close to 190 mph can be obtained on the front straight for those brave enough.
Although it may be a bit far for you in Moldova.
Where the heck is Moldova anyways???

peresvet24

Reaction score
PERESVET24 - You may want to google map "willow springs" or "3500 75th Street West Rosamond, CA 93560"
This is the fastest road course in the west and a frickin blast to drive around.
Speeds close to 190 mph can be obtained on the front straight for those brave enough.
Although it may be a bit far for you in Moldova.
Where the heck is Moldova anyways???

this would be cool, but it is very far for me, it's on the other end of the earth
45564656542243.jpg

45564656542243.jpg

earlyrides

Reaction score
Well I Googled Moldova and you are right it is definitely a world away.
But on the other hand, the Spring fling is also that weekend and from your picture you could probably use some parts for your 'Runner.
Why not go to expedia and book a trip to SoCal???
I also looked at the weather and it says 4 degrees pretty much across the country. It doesnt matter if that is in celcius or farenheit....that is danged COLD!!
If you manage to come to SoCal, look me up and we will take a cruise down by the pacific ocean in my "VRT BIRD"

VRTBIRD.jpg

peresvet24

Reaction score
Well I Googled Moldova and you are right it is definitely a world away.
But on the other hand, the Spring fling is also that weekend and from your picture you could probably use some parts for your 'Runner.
Why not go to expedia and book a trip to SoCal???
I also looked at the weather and it says 4 degrees pretty much across the country. It doesnt matter if that is in celcius or farenheit....that is danged COLD!!
If you manage to come to SoCal, look me up and we will take a cruise down by the pacific ocean in my "VRT BIRD"

this year it's not working for me but I hope next year to come to the U.S.
and stay there to live and work is my lifelong dream.
this will reduce the distance between us and it will be easier to meet with you on Mopar festival

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score
sounds like fun, wish I could make it... make sure to take lots of photos & videos to share here, for all of us...

Back