• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

mopar1969 Intro

mopar1969

Reaction score
Hello have a 1969 Coronet and 73 Road Runner in process been too busy to finish up the RR over the last 5 years but trying get it moving. i am probably going to put it in black primer and get it on the road ..........it has air shocks probably going to replace those wth coil over shocks and if necessary change the leaf springs, put in an aluminum radiator and electric fan, finish the interior....looking for insights and recommendations

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
first recomendation is to show us those mopars! what part of Pa?

quikbird

Reaction score
Che ck the upper supports on the air shocks. Make sure they are strong enough to support weight of car.

mopar1969

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome! BasiketCase, I'm from SE PA near Valley Forge about 2 hours from Carlisle.

2010Mar003.jpg

Last edited:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
well I guess I won't see you at any local cruises...cars look great but defenitaly need more pics!

MsBeep

Reaction score
Welcome from Alberta, Canada. I'm sure you will find this group of Bird Lovers a good one!
IMHO if you change out the leaf springs, you won't need to use coil-over shocks. A good pair of gas-charged shock absorbers is a better fit on the '73 road runner. I had a '73 Satellite Sebring and I had to address the same saggy issue. I'm not a big fan of air shocks especially if the car is driven in the winter...

Back