• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopars at Englishtown

Roadcuda

Reaction score
I took my Barracuda to E-town Saturday. They had a good turnout there with over 175 cars. There were also about 30 venders. The racing was pretty good also. There weren't many '69 Road Runners there but there were some 69 GTXs. And the weather was great!

DSCN3099.jpg

DSCN3119.jpg

DSCN3122.jpg

DSCN3097.jpg

DSCN3164.jpg

Last edited:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
More E-town

I also had a chance to meet Steve Magnante who brought his Javlin AF/X car. That is definitely a different lookin' kind of beast. Another unusual AF/X car was this '64 Dodge. YUP, that is a turbo powered 225 leaning tower of power in that car!!

DSCN3168.jpg

DSCN3169.jpg

DSCN3103.jpg

DSCN3104.jpg

DSCN3105.jpg

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Merged the two threads..

Great pics Steve!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
That use to be a huge get together didn't it? I was there several years back but it rained all night so nobody showed but racers on the Sunday we were there.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Steve,
Thank for pictures.

Looks like it had a nice turn out.

Lot of nice looking cars and the Javlin just looks like power setting there as any AF/X car does.:thumbsup:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice pics! Thanks for sharing!:cheers:

BTW - That isn't a Javelin and it doesn't belong to Steve Magnante, unless he just bought. It is a '66 Marlin and it is owned by Steve Drucker. It is a tribute car, built to honor the famed Hemi Marlin A/FX car that was campaigned by Preston Honea.

Big John

Reaction score
That use to be a huge get together didn't it? I was there several years back but it rained all night so nobody showed but racers on the Sunday we were there.

Yea, around 500 cars if memory serves... It's a great place for racers, paved pits etc... but not so much for a car show. The paved pits are brutal with no escaping the hot sun.

I think they also had a conflicting date with another show that killed them some years ago, but I may be wrong.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Nice pics! Thanks for sharing!:cheers:

BTW - That isn't a Javelin and it doesn't belong to Steve Magnante, unless he just bought. It is a '66 Marlin and it is owned by Steve Drucker. It is a tribute car, built to honor the famed Hemi Marlin A/FX car that was campaigned by Preston Honea.

I stand corrected, thanks Ray! :thumbsup:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Yea, around 500 cars if memory serves... It's a great place for racers, paved pits etc... but not so much for a car show. The paved pits are brutal with no escaping the hot sun.

I think they also had a conflicting date with another show that killed them some years ago, but I may be wrong.

There were a number of things that sent the formerly 2 day show into decline. It used to be held in May or June but always had weather issues. Another thing was the the New Jersey tax man went after the venders and many of them said screw them and stopped going. I believe these were the main reasons the show started dieing off. So Ralph Barbagallo who was always racing there got involved in putting the show together. He got them to move it to this time of yer and made it a 1 day show. He's trying to get people interested in coming back with doing things like a 6-bbl reunion, and bringing in the altered wheel base cars and getting people like Steve Magnante there. Also those who brought in what they called anniversary cars, 40, 45, 50,etc, year old cars were given a special plaque, and the winners of classes that had at least 3 cars received a jacket as well as a trophy. Knowing Ralph as I do I know that he'll keep coming up with something that will draw people back to this show. He knows it won't ever be as big as a Carlisle type of show, or it may never return to it's glory years, but he hopes it will at least become a respectable Mopar show once again.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So the phrase "Hemi Marlin" piques no one's curiousity...:toetap:

Let me just state that by "Hemi", yes, I do mean MoPar Hemi... The original car was a Hemi-Powered Rambler...and still ran as an A/FX car...

Oh, nevermind...:leave:

:jester:

Roadcuda

Reaction score

Let me just state that by "Hemi", yes, I do mean MoPar Hemi... The original car was a Hemi-Powered Rambler...and still ran as an A/FX car...

For some reason I never took time to see what that thing had for a power plant!

moparperf

Reaction score
Thanks for the pics Steve, was a great day for a show. I went to a show at PNA park in Wallingford on Saturday. There were about 120 cars there, took a top 15.

Big John

Reaction score

OK... wrong color street car with stock wheelbase......

Sorry... doesn't do much for me.

I think his Executioner Dart A/FX is still around.

4spd69RR

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing, love seeing all of the old cars. That Marlin is something, don't see too many of them these days. Reminds me of my dads old Rambler.

Back