• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Moparty 2010

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice Pics, John. Thanks for sharing. Wish I could have gone this year - but I had house guests and they were more interested in going to Zephyrhills to crawl through the swap meet so that was that...

Nice shot of the '70 R/T between the SRT8s. Really demonstrative of how obese and misproportioned those LX-platformed pigs are compared to their sleeker and better styled ancestors. We can thank the Mercedes E-Class for that... :toetap: As much as I like my MoPars I'm afraid I'd have to go with the the Coyote-powered Mustang GT if I were in the market for a new musclecar...which I am not...they're lighter (by about 550 lbs.), faster (12.7 in the 1/4 to 13.3), offer better fuel economy (17/26 mpg vs. 14/22 mpg), are better styled (JMHO), and cost a TON ($13K at base price) less... And don't even get me started on those KGB Staff Car Chargers... Disappointing to say the least... Rant over... :D

:jester:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
great pics John, thanks.
Ray I know what you mean about the LH cars. Our Intrepid looks good, nice to drive. but I hate to get in and out of it. damn windshield needs pushed forward a couple feet. Whoever approved that four door Charger should have his balls drug over broken glass.
The Challenger looks great, but you don't relized just how big it is untill you see it next to a '70-'74 model.

sparkey

Reaction score
Great to meet you at Garlits and the pics you took at moparty in orlando look great. Did you see any A-12 cars there? I wanted to go to the Mopar west coast, tampa Fl. show last weekend but just could'nt pull it off. I was at the Moultrie Ga. show. Ray did you go, if so any A-12 cars there? Way to close for you to miss this one with are DJ there, Mason Dixon. Ray tell everyone what our raido star has in the mopar world. Wish I could have been in two places at once. Datona next friday and part saturday. Happy Thanksgiving To ALL. Frying turkeys all day thursday and lots of family.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
sparkey said:
Great to meet you at Garlits and the pics you took at moparty in orlando look great. Did you see any A-12 cars there? I wanted to go to the Mopar west coast, tampa Fl. show last weekend but just could'nt pull it off. I was at the Moultrie Ga. show. Ray did you go, if so any A-12 cars there? Way to close for you to miss this one with are DJ there, Mason Dixon. Ray tell everyone what our raido star has in the mopar world. Wish I could have been in two places at once. Datona next friday and part saturday. Happy Thanksgiving To ALL. Frying turkeys all day thursday and lots of family.

Mark - I didn't make it to either the Moultrie or the WCMC show. The Domestic Supervisor "suggested" that I remain home following my little stay in the hospital last week... Too many events scheduled all at the same time down here in November if you ask me...they force you to choose between them as it is damned near impossible to attend them all...it would be nice if some were moved into mid/late October and some into early/mid December to avoid the scheduling conflicts but that is pretty much wishful thinking on my part...

Mason Dixon (his real name is Jimmy Crawford) has a "Vanishing Point" Challenger clone. Big inch crate hemi and oversized Cragar S/S mags (18" - 20") IIRC. Pretty cool car - although I'm not crazy about his wheel/tire combo - but hey, it's his car... He used to have a green Charger Daytona with a white wing. Not sure what else he has these days. His annual Christmas Wish show is coming up on December 11 at Gator Ford in Tampa for anyone that is interested.

Headed to Daytona on Friday myself - maybe I'll see you there Mark...
ACME

mcmopar

Reaction score
sparkey said:

Sorry I was somewhat distracted when we were talking. I had just arrived and my mind wasn't settled yet. Poor excuse but its the best I have atm. :D I was great meeting another fellow member, as always. I hope we'll get the chance to hang out later on sometime. :thumbsup:

No A12's at Moparty unfortunately. It was somewhat of a disappointing show. Last year we had 84 cars but only about half that this year. More than likely due to the economy. Everyone I've talked with is more or less in survival mode at the moment - me included.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
It was somewhat of a disappointing show. Last year we had 84 cars but only about half that this year.

Apparently word got out that the stunning gold Duster with the snakeskin roof, Cragars, and it's handsome driver would not be in attendance this year... :lmao:

mcmopar

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
mcmopar said:
It was somewhat of a disappointing show. Last year we had 84 cars but only about half that this year.

Apparently word got out that the stunning gold Duster with the snakeskin roof, Cragars, and it's handsome driver would not be in attendance this year... :lmao:

Now that right there made me LOL!

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
ACME A12 said:
mcmopar said:

Now that right there made me LOL!

You know how much I like to entertain... :D

moparchris

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:

Tammy was going to drive the Duster? :acme:

mcmopar

Reaction score
I don't think "handsome" is the word for Tam. She might get a little miffed about being described in that way. "Handsome" for a woman, in my mind, means "mannish." :puke:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
I don't think "handsome" is the word for Tam. She might get a little miffed about being described in that way. "Handsome" for a woman, in my mind, means "mannish." :puke:
This could get interesting :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :D

BBillyC

Reaction score
Very Nice John.... How's the weather in Florida? About 2 feet of snow here now and hopefully get down to your neck of the woods in the new year.

mcmopar

Reaction score
It's been great weather lately - nice and cool, but we do need some rain to water the plants and yard. Let me know when you are in the area. :thumbsup:

mannye

Reaction score
Wow! That looks like fun and it's right in my backyard kinda. I have been looking for a good excuse to go on a roadtrip! Next year for sure!

Any other cool Mopar shows I should know about in the central/south FL area? I'd love to meet some of the guys from the board!

moparchris

Reaction score
mcmopar said:

Per websters online dictionary:
Handsome-having an attractive, well-proportioned, and imposing appearance suggestive of health and strength; good-looking: a handsome man; a handsome woman.

I dont think Tammy would mind being called handsome just dont forget to call her when you go to Hawaii. :acme:

Back