• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More pictures not Runner

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Thought I would post these up as alot of the guys have A-Body cars to. :thumbsup:[attachment=2:23nm3com]Road Runner progress 005.jpg[/attachment:23nm3com][attachment=1:23nm3com]Road Runner progress 006.jpg[/attachment:23nm3com]

Road Runner progress 005.jpg

Road Runner progress 006.jpg

Road Runner progress 007.jpg

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Great lookin' car Bill! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: What's that stain on the floor, is it just marking it's territory?!?!? :jester:

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
Nice Swinger, how about a bigger pic of that Duster?

Not a Duster but,1972 Mr.Norms 340 Demon.

Magazine car was in HPM Jan.1996.

Got ever pit of paper work on the car wright down to the $25.00 deposit receipt.

Will post up full shot pics. when Gte back from Carlisle.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
Great lookin' car Bill! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: What's that stain on the floor, is it just marking it's territory?!?!? :jester:

Just anti-freeze as I pulled the underdrive pulleys of the engine and the one bracket bolt into waterpump leaked anti-freeze out.

With the underdrive pulleys I had a hard time with the car on the streets when it came to the blinkers and brake lights as I had to almost run it like I do when racing it to make them blink or the brake lights be bright enough to see before I got hit by some of these plow jockeys up here.

So I took them off and put stock pulleys on it and lost about 8/12 HP they say.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
:drool: got any full body shots?
[attachment=2:31ehxtfv]Swinger 001.jpg[/attachment:31ehxtfv][attachment=2:31ehxtfv]Swinger 001.jpg[/attachment:31ehxtfv]

Here ya go :thumbsup:

Swinger 001.jpg

Swinger 002.jpg

Swinger 003.jpg

4spd69RR

Reaction score
Nice Swinger Pictures, they brought back some memories of my 71. Mine orignally had a 318, I pulled it and replaced it with a 340. I wanted to install the scoops on the hood but never did. It was a great sleeper car no one expected to see it run the way it did from light to light. My wife used to terrorized the young punks in the MR2's and Z's. Mine also was B5 blue had the auto 904 trans with 3:55 gears. Does yours have the shark tooth grill? Any ways yours looks great! I have to see if I can find some pics of mine to share.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
abodybill said:
[
Will post up full shot pics. when Gte back from Carlisle.

:blah: :blah: :blah: :jester: have a great time and ah...... :red2: :red2: :red2:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice pics, Bill. :cheers:

Good call on the pulleys. Better to have the brake lights visible to the local plow jockeys than to have another 8.5 ponies under the hood. :cents:

I had never owned one of the A-Body hardtops until we got the wife's Swinger almost a dozen years ago - only the Duster/Demon fastback styles - and LOTS of them. I really like them as the rear and quarter window visibilty is so much better than the Duster-style roofline. Just makes it easier to see what the idiots on the road are doing around you. :lol:

:jester:

Roadcuda

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Nice pics, Bill. :cheers:

Good call on the pulleys. Better to have the brake lights visible to the local plow jockeys than to have another 8.5 ponies under the hood. :cents:

I had never owned one of the A-Body hardtops until we got the wife's Swinger almost a dozen years ago - only the Duster/Demon fastback styles - and LOTS of them. I really like them as the rear and quarter window visibilty is so much better than the Duster-style roofline. Just makes it easier to see what the idiots on the road are doing around you. :lol:

:jester:
Sometimes all the visibility in the world won't help you with the way some of those idiots drive!

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
4spd69RR said:
Nice Swinger Pictures, they brought back some memories of my 71. Mine orignally had a 318, I pulled it and replaced it with a 340. I wanted to install the scoops on the hood but never did. It was a great sleeper car no one expected to see it run the way it did from light to light. My wife used to terrorized the young punks in the MR2's and Z's. Mine also was B5 blue had the auto 904 trans with 3:55 gears. Does yours have the shark tooth grill? Any ways yours looks great! I have to see if I can find some pics of mine to share.

That's almost to a T what this car was.

Bought it from a little ol'lady 318 PS,PB,AC all gone now :D

It was what I call the Root beer color and I had it painted Solar Yellow like my Dakota R/T was just like it to stand out .

I run a 340 W/727 4.10 outback:thumbsup:

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
moparchris said:
Looks great! Is that your house? Man look at the wide open spaces! Beautiful!

Chris,
The one picture red barn houses the wife garden tractor.

The other building behind the race car trailer is my shop with the hoist init.

Then the barn is next to the shop 40X60 houses the Mr.Norm's demon,wagon and the Massey tractor.

My house is 140 years old farm house set in the middle of 280 acres will get a picture of it .

Yes it is beautiful out in the country and nobody to bother ya.

Just along drive to work when I was working but,all worth it. :yesnod:

Back