• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MSD Installation

zupanj

Reaction score
I have a question for you guys. I am finally installing my MSD Digital Six Plus ignition box that I bought two years ago. I have hooked several of these up in the past but forgot how I did it. The directions say to bypass the resistor if the coil wire comes through it. I can't tell from the wiring diagram if this is the case mainly because I am not very practiced at reading those diagrams. While reading the post on George's Duster it sounds like the coil comes through the resistor in at least that case though a big block may be different. So my question is do I have to bypass the resistor?

zupanj

Reaction score
Well I got the MSD installed and everything seems to be working great. I used the old positive coil lead for my switched power source. I am pretty sure this has the resistor in line. The funny thing is that both sides of the resistor measured 11 volts. Does this make sense to anyone else? I didn't bypass the resistor since there was no voltage drop but i think the should have been one. I also wonder why it only measured 11 volts instead of 12 volts.

Back