• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 2nd Roadrunner project

bobbyb

Reaction score
The first pic is of the doors sitting on carts, then the hood, and car. It turned out nice other then some runs in the clear coat, but I've already took care of them and am working on wet sanding the rest of the car.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
looks kinda dull, maybe it'll get some shine when you buff it.........:basketcase::jester:

MsBeep

Reaction score
After looking over all the posts and pictures in this thread bobbyb, I gotta say: " Looking Good! " (wish I had the shop it is being worked on...)

bobbyb

Reaction score
Thank you MsBeep, and your "compliment?" also Dave.:D Dave aren't you suppose to get yours painted when the weather breaks?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that's the plan. but you know how that goes. Doen't matter, I'll drive it in primer, been a looong winter!

bobbyb

Reaction score
I finished all the wet sanding, buffing, and polish, plus I started putting some things back on the car. I had to put the road runner emblems and decals on, I couldn't wait. I'm going to put a few more items back on the car, like the back bumper, and then get started putting my motor together.

trunk.jpg

buff2.jpg

buff1.jpg

quikbird

Reaction score
looks like a pretty decent starter car. looks like some rust in the quarters and did it have a vinyl top at one time?.

bobbyb

Reaction score
Yes it had a vinyl top (black), thats why I had to replace the roof. I'm not putting one back on it, but you never know?

Roadcuda

Reaction score
That's lookin' good Bobby! I put the vinyl roof back on my car and for me anyways, it made all the difference in how the car looks. Someone asked me if I was worried about the roof rusting out and I said no. It's a much different situation now. The car doesn't sit outside all the time, nor is it driven much in the rain so there is much less chance that the water will work it's way under the vinyl to cause trouble. So I say do it! A black vinyl roof on that car will look great!!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
and if you ever saw how the factory did it, no paint on the roof, no wonder they rotted out. everyone I see putting the tops on now paint the roof first.

bobbyb

Reaction score
That's lookin' good Bobby! I put the vinyl roof back on my car and for me anyways, it made all the difference in how the car looks. Someone asked me if I was worried about the roof rusting out and I said no. It's a much different situation now. The car doesn't sit outside all the time, nor is it driven much in the rain so there is much less chance that the water will work it's way under the vinyl to cause trouble. So I say do it! A black vinyl roof on that car will look great!!
Thanks Steve. I'm not against putting on a vinyl top, but it will be something I'll do later. I had a Challenger, restored it, drove it a few years, and decided one day I wanted a vinyl top on it. Had it put on and it made a world of difference on that car. I hardly recognized it when I picked it up.

5518232-100_1445.jpg

5518246-100_1446.jpg

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score
I finished all the wet sanding, buffing, and polish, plus I started putting some things back on the car. I had to put the road runner emblems and decals on, I couldn't wait. I'm going to put a few more items back on the car, like the back bumper, and then get started putting my motor together.

Looks great, come a long ways

bobbyb

Reaction score
Working on the motor, Its a 451, Stealth heads, 509 cam, 10.5:1 comp. Getting the carb next, 870 Holley Street Avenger.

motor 024.jpg

Back