• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 2nd Roadrunner project

bobbyb

Reaction score
Thought I would try and start a thread on my Roadrunner project. This is what I brought home and what I'm starting with.

5541056-100_1491[1].jpg

bobbyb

Reaction score
My Roadrunner was born with a B5 blue exterior, black vinyl top, blue interior, 383, auto trans, PS, manual drum brakes. It still has original motor and trans, but I believe the third member has been changed out, because it has 2.94(?) gears. My plan is to "restomod" it. It will be mostly stock other than the drive train, wheels, and tires. I have my short block finished, its a '72 400 with a 440 Source stroker kit (451) with a MP 509 cam. The trans is finished, but haven't bought a convertor yet. I have a third member with 3.91 gears ready to install. I plan on changing the exterior color (sorry 69hemibeep) to black. I haven't made up my mine on the interior color yet, leave it blue or change to black? I'm going to mini-tub it, so it will have some meat in the wheel wells. I haven't really made my mine up on the wheels yet, but might be Centerlines (convo pros) or Bogarts ($$$). Thanks for looking, I'll post more pics later. I'm having a little problem with pic sizes.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
bobbyb said:
My Roadrunner was born with a B5 blue exterior, black vinyl top, blue interior, 383, auto trans, PS, manual drum brakes. It still has original motor and trans, but I believe the third member has been changed out, because it has 2.94(?) gears. My plan is to "restomod" it. It will be mostly stock other than the drive train, wheels, and tires. I have my short block finished, its a '72 400 with a 440 Source stroker kit (451) with a MP 509 cam. The trans is finished, but haven't bought a convertor yet. I have a third member with 3.91 gears ready to install. I plan on changing the exterior color (sorry 69hemibeep) to black. I haven't made up my mine on the interior color yet, leave it blue or change to black? I'm going to mini-tub it, so it will have some meat in the wheel wells. I haven't really made my mine up on the wheels yet, but might be Centerlines (convo pros) or Bogarts ($$$). Thanks for looking, I'll post more pics later. I'm having a little problem with pic sizes.
My favorite paint choice is black! I try and park next to them every chance I get. They attract dust keeping mine clean :lol:

Back