• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my 68 RM23 beast, still not done

Budnicks

I will apologize to everyone in advance
Reaction score
my 68 RM23 383/479ci 727tf 8.750", polished 15" Halibrand kidney slots & BGF Radial TA's toy, it's not an OEM, nut & bolt restoration, been there & done that already a few times, but more of my, what if day 2 type powerful, fun, handling, braking & driving muscle car, it's my 13th 68-70 RR I've had, many from 100% OEM #"s cars to full on racecars, this is somewhere in-between... Be kind, I'm a crappy photographer, most are old photos too, hope to have her painted & possibly finished this spring, but I doubt it will ever be finished thou, I never can leave well enough alone... Been spending allot of time dealing with my Pops health lately last 2 or so years, haven't been able to do much to her... I have probably another $5k+ in parts on my garage shelves, to install/replace still....

68 RR #15 Apr 26 2011.jpg

68 RR #24 Apr 21 2011 479ci-6bbl.jpg

68 RR #9 Apr 26 2011.jpg

68 RR #17 Apr 26 2011.jpg

68 RR #16 Apr 26 2011 Buddy #1.jpg

68 RR #18 Apr 26 2011 #1.jpg

68 RR #26 479ci-6bbl Dec. 2013.jpg

68 RR #1 Sep 12 2011.jpg

68 RR Gauge Cluster #1 July 2012.JPG

Last edited:

cj69RR

Reaction score
Good looking RR! Should be a lot of fun! I'd like to see what and where the new gauges. What else do you have in the garage to put on it?

inri

Reaction score
Budnicks, nice RR!!!

My preference might be for a little more of a drop to the front of the car to give it a more aggressive stance.

Can you post a video of the car on startup so we can hear the beast roarrrr?!

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
Wow.....she looks awesome......love those 68"s......you have to take care of pops.....you only have one

Budnicks

Reaction score
I don't have a video cam or a phone with a camera just a cheap a$$ digital $49 POS sorry guys

Budnicks

Reaction score
Good looking RR! Should be a lot of fun! I'd like to see what and where the new gauges. What else do you have in the garage to put on it?
I have along with the custom gauge panel, new tubular upper & lower control arms front suspension, except K-member, SSBC 6 piston discs, a new shallow 7qt Milodon oil pan, a different new 10" torque converter, parts to go thru the trans, I'm also making custom step 4-2-1 scavenger headers, different rear gears, Surf Turquoise Metallic LL1 paint, etc.... I'm still debating on, putting in a console & a floor shift {I don't have the console yet, cant find any thing that's not junk or that doesn't cost an arm & a leg}, I may go with a buddy seat instead, I haven't made up my mind.... hell it's only bee since Dec 2005...he he ha ha

Last edited:

Budnicks

Reaction score
Budnicks, nice RR!!!

My preference might be for a little more of a drop to the front of the car to give it a more aggressive stance.

Can you post a video of the car on startup so we can hear the beast roarrrr?!

Mine too, I will have the car lower especially in the front, after I redo the front suspension...

Budnicks

Reaction score
Wow.....she looks awesome......love those 68"s......you have to take care of pops.....you only have one

he's a priority for sure, I moved him in with me about 2007, I won't say it's been easy, but worth the efforts... both my step Dad & my Pops, are not doing well lately, I have 2...LOL...

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
nuthin wrong with the look of that runner. and having fun with it makes it all worth it.
Yeah gotta take care of family, they aren't going to be there forever. I remember helping take care of my Grandmother when I was in jr high. cooked for her, helped in and out of a wheelchair when she had broke a hip. didn't even think twice about it, and I have some great memories of her.

b-star69

Reaction score
:beep: nice runner, what do ya have to do to install the tuff wheel? does it bolr right on? what? second ya want to sell that tach? and lastly i thought that was my dog!

Last edited:

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
he's a priority for sure, I moved him in with me about 2007, I won't say it's been easy, but worth the efforts... both my step Dad & my Pops, are not doing well lately, I have 2...LOL...

my dad passed away back in 1986 .....like i said you only have one dad and times get tough but you get through it.....if my dad was still alive i would do the same for him

cj69RR

Reaction score
Family first always. I remember helping my grandmother growing up. She was an awsome lady. Now helping my mother in law for the past 15. Feel you and enjoy them all family and the car! I'm sure that they enjoy the car also.

Back