• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 69 Roadrunner

bobbyb

Reaction score
i finally figured out how to resize my pics. So here it is.................a beauty ain't she.

Kinda small, but I guess I'll have to work on it.

mac

What ?
Reaction score
looks good to me. hey most of us have our road runner either the shape yours is in now or in the recent past. any road runner is a good road runner.

mcmopar

Reaction score
Nice find Bobby. I'm sure when you are done with her she'll look like a million bucks! My hat is off to you for rescuing yet another road runner from certain demise! Now, get to work you slacker! :D :D :D :D

bobbyb

Reaction score
Well I bought the car 2 months ago just east of Pittsburgh Pa off Moparts.com for sale forum. I live in New Kent Va (just east of Richmond), so it was about a 7 hr drive one way, but I enjoyed every minute of it cause a was getting a Roadrunner. :D The car needs a total redo which means new quarters, new interior, rebuild complete chassis, rebuild drive train and it also needs the roof replaced being it was a vinyl top car. It has major rust on the roof including holes. One part that needs replacing and you hardly ever see these needing replacing is the package tray. It has rust and holes on it at the edge under the bottom of the glass, like it was leaking a lot. Also on the package tray somebody installed (I'm guessing here) 8 in round speakers where the 6x9 speaker cut outs were, but they enlarged the holes with tin snips and it looks BAD. The car has the orginal 383, auto and it runs! B5 blue exterior and also interior with black vinyl top. The engine compartment looks great, looks like everthing is still there, RR horn, air cleaner with pie tin, valve covers and windshield washer bottle. Its just old. Anyway I better get to work!

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
If you need any reference pics just yell, I have a million and Big John has his apart. I'm sure there are others on here also :cheers:

joewhite440

Reaction score
Seen that car advertised. It was a Good Buy and I cannot wait to see it finished. Going to be a great car!!!

Have fun
Joe

moparchris

Reaction score
Nice Runner Bobby. I am in the middle of doing sheetmetal replacement on my wifes 69 Satelite, so if you need any pics or reference let me know. Looks like a good deal and I like the color combo.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I thought that was the one from Pittsburgh. Looks like a great project. My last one was in far worse shape than that(reference my user name). I'd take a beat up '69 road runer over a new car any day. Take plenty of pics(for Ray and Gary).Have a blast, and don't get discouraged or overwhelmed(that NEVER happens) :drive:

Back