• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Collection Grew Yesterday...

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Grabbed a SIG M400 Enhanced. Box says "FDE" as in Flat Dark Earth, which is what I wanted, but it is mismarked as this thing is clearly the OD Green version. It was reasonably priced so I went ahead and got it rather then continuing to search for a FDE version. Already has the Magpul furniture on it. Can't pick it up until next week...still waiting on my concealed carry permit so I have to play the waiting game...

Mrs. ACME got a SIG P239 Extreme also. Another 380 for concealed carry. I'm blaming Steve for our obsession with SIGs... :D

:jester:

M400-Enhanced-OD-Green.jpg

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Here is my baby. It was put together using specific ordered parts no particular brand name on this one. I does have a custom match grade barrel. Spikes Tactical lower receiver, Calas Stock, Spike upper, GG&G front and rear sights, Danial defense Omega rail, single point sling, Tangle down grip and an Aimpiont red dot optic

AR15 001 (640x480).jpg

dobie

Reaction score
Haha!!

I gotta agree with ya, that really does look like OD green. I like it though! I think you'll be really happy with it, and the Magpul stuff is great.

I'll have to add a couple shot of my patrol rifle to the thread.

:cheers:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Here is my baby. It was put together using specific ordered parts no particular brand name on this one. I does have a custom match grade barrel. Spikes Tactical lower receiver, Calas Stock, Spike upper, GG&G front and rear sights, Danial defense Omega rail, single point sling, Tangle down grip and an Aimpiont red dot optic

Yours is heavily modified while mine is all original...oops, sorry, wrong thread... :basketcase:

I really like that quad rail. Have to do some research and get you guy's opinions on optics.

dobie

Reaction score
Here's my patrol rifle.....

Smith and Wesson Optics Ready model, Midwest Industries front and rear flip up BUIS, Eotech XPS2-0 mounted with a Larue Tactical mount, nickle boron coated BCG from WMD Guns, factory Armalite 2 stage trigger, Troy Industries rail with Larue Tactical index clips, Surefire G2 LED light mounted with a Vickers mount, padded Vickers 2 point sling, Magpul ACS stock and MOE grip.

1-28_zps51099fc8.jpg
2-35_zpseca87362.jpg
3-36_zps6c7e1300.jpg

The case itself is a Hardigg Storm I3200. You can see that the foam doesnt match up to the gun....Ive had the rifle set up several different ways before the office allowed personal and department rifles. Once they did, I set mine up to be my patrol rifle. My new Charger will have a mount for my rifle and 870 on the cage, so once that comes in no more storing it in the trunk.

dobie

Reaction score
Now if you really want to go all out...........You can start collecting these......

4-32_zpsa23685dd.jpg

This is a Gemtech Halo. I also have a Gemtech Multi Mount for my pistols.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
dobie said:
The case itself is a Hardigg Storm I3200.

This brings up another question - what should I get for a carrying case? Apparently the M400s came with their own hardshell case until about 2 years ago when they discontinued this to cut costs. Mine comes in a cardboard box. So, should I get something like the Hardigg Storm (around $200 or so depending upon the source), a SIG soft case/back pack (around $130), or something else entirely? Opinions wanted. Thanks.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I got a soft case that holds 4 additional magazines on the outside. otherwise it resides in here. My weapons have never hurt anything but my shoulder, and my ears if I slip up. :lol:

AR15 001 (480x640).jpg

4spd69RR

Reaction score
Since everyone is showing off their girl friends I thought I would join in. Here are my two shooters, Smith & Wesson MP 15 OR and Mossberg 930 SPX.

930SPX.png

MP15OR.JPG

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
4spd69RR said:
Since everyone is showing off their girl friends I thought I would join in. Here are my two shooters, Smith & Wesson MP 15 OR and Mossberg 930 SPX.

Very Nice. I'm gonna count your pics as two votes for a hard shell case. :D

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I got a soft case that holds 4 additional magazines on the outside. otherwise it resides in here. My weapons have never hurt anything but my shoulder, and my ears if I slip up. :lol:

I'm looking at safes as well. Everything I've read states to avoid external hinges so they can't just be sledge-hammered off and open the door from that side. At this point anything will be better than what I currently have, which is nothing... :lol:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
69hemibeep said:

I'm looking at safes as well. Everything I've read states to avoid external hinges so they can't just be sledge-hammered off and open the door from that side. At this point anything will be better than what I currently have, which is nothing... :lol:
This one is hinged on the outside but is pinned all the way around. The hinges just hold the door up when open along with a 45 minute burn rating. Careful what you read :lol:

dobie

Reaction score
As far as a case goes, that's really up to you and how you plan to use it.

If you're only gonna use it to go back and forth to the range, there's no need to spend $200 on a hard case. I bought my Storm case when my department allowed rifles. Our policy currently states that the rifles must remain in our trunks. Seeing as its my personally owned rifle I want to protect it the best I can.

I do strongly recommend getting a proper gun safe though. In addition to your guns, there's so much more that you can safely store in them.

dobie

Reaction score
4spd69RR said:

Looks good. Careful with the Magpul front sight though....Magpul themselves recommend against installing on the gas block due to the heat generated. I had one on too for awhile although I never had an issue. Just something to be aware of.

:cheers:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
This one is hinged on the outside but is pinned all the way around. The hinges just hold the door up when open along with a 45 minute burn rating. Careful what you read :lol:

Yeah, I see that - pretty much like everything you read on the internet - consider the source. :lol: We went safe shopping today. Looked at Libertys, Brownings, Winchesters, & American Security. Seemed like everything we looked at had locking bars on both sides. :crazy:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Well I got to bring her home today. Turns out it is FDE and not ODG so I was pretty happy about that as that was my first choice. All of the SIG catalogs and their website show the FDE version to have a tan colored, Cerakote-finished upper and lower. The ODG version is shown to have a black anodized upper and lower. Mine has a black upper and lower, which is why I assumed mine was ODG, but when I compared it to other rifles in the store that had ODG furniture on them it was clear that this was FDE. So, apparently they have made a change... Works for me... :D

Anyway, here is a pic of my actual rifle. I have to put a new steering box on my truck this weekend, but after that's done I think I know where I want to go and what I want to do next... :D

SIG M400 Enhanced FDE.jpg

dobie

Reaction score
Looks great Ray!! Sorry I missed your call. Feel free to give me a buzz back tomorrow. I hate to call ya now as I don't know your schedule.

Anyways, I'm glad you got the FDE! I also prefer it over the OD green.

Back