• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My horn is possessed!

Mike D

Reaction score
My horn will beep sometimes while turning. Even with the horn button completely removed.

V.R.D

Reaction score
the turn signal switch is getting / making a ground check the steering wheel cancelation ring insulation washer they degrade and can make a ground . then see if a carbon track is happen on the switch . some times using compressed air will blow out the filings.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Gremlin's. Must have a short going on. Have the original stuff in mine. Cleaned it and it work's Ok. But sometime when hitting the horn ring to the right it wont at first. Want to order the new part's but figured it dose work maybe I need to clean it some more.

Terry Hauck

Choadicus
Reaction score
Sounds like something is shorting to your slipring. Take it apart and clean it. you can rent a puller from some auto parts stores. You can get new parts too. Part of the fun of these cars for me is working on them. Good luck.

Back