• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My little parts haul from MoPars With Big Daddy...

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sorry, but this picture isn't the best. It really does the instrument cluster no justice whatsoever. This thing came out of a Satellite with 23K miles on it and has been in storage for the last 30+ years. It's really nice. Just needs the orange indicator needles repainted to be outstanding. I was planning on sending my cluster out to Auto Instruments (they did the cluster in Tam's Swinger for me) but this might prove to be a much less pricey alternative. I can paint the indicators myself, and send the tach out to be recalibrated (and set up to work with electronic ignition) and then plug that in the hole saving hundreds of dollars....

I got the instrument cluster, radio block-off plate, steering column collar, and A-Pillar trim all from the same guy For $150. I thought that was a smokin' good deal... $30 for the two pair of defroster vents from another guy. A little Bahama Blue paint for the plastic trim and I'll be set...

I was very happy - all that was missing at that show was a corndog vendor (I brought my own Corona)... :lol:

:jester:
ACME

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Ray nice score, do you need that little plug where the clock stem goes? I do :toetap:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Ray nice score, do you need that little plug where the clock stem goes? I do :toetap:

IIRC the one in Bambi's original instrument panel is still there... If I stumble across one in the next few week (there are shows and swap meets every freaking weekend for the next month down here...) I'll grab it for you.

Ray

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
BTW - the guy that I bought all of the trim pieces from had an interesting story. He is a Floridian but his daughter serves in the USAF. About 5 years ago he and his wife went out to Minot, ND to visit her. While there he stumbled across an ad for a pair of '69 RRs for sale. He went to check out the cars. Turned out that the guy also had a mother lode of RR (or RR-compatible) parts stashed. Some of the stuff had been stored for 30+ years. So he ended up buying both of the cars and all of the parts in a package deal. He told me that it had taken the last 5 years to get everything back to Florida. His wife was there while he was telling the story and it was pretty obvious that he wasn't making any of this up if you know what I mean... :D Anyway, he had a LOT of really nice interior trim pieces - in various colors, a switch panel for the rear defroster and front & rear speakers, another instrument cluster in just as good of shape as the one I bought, etc. He even had a bottom-feeder steering wheel horn button in tan...which I had not seen before... I got his name and phone number because of all of the amazing stuff that he had. If anyone wants to make an inquiry or wants me to do so for them just let me know.

Ray

moparchris

Reaction score
Nice score Ray,

I really wanted to go to the Garlits show but was unable to make it happen :( I did go to the Fall FLing in Van Nuys a couple of weeks ago and i was like a kid in a candy store, so many good deals. :banana: I spent every last dime I took and I could have spent more.

CT

glhcarl

Reaction score
$150 for everything is outstanding. I saw a NOS instrument cluster still in the box at the Nationals several years ago for $1200.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Dosen't it feel good when you find the steals like that? :thumbsup: And it's also refreshing when you find someone selling this stuff and isn't trying to make a killing on it. It's too bad there aren't more guys out there like that.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
nice score Ray :thumbsup: Did you get to meet Big Daddy?
I've got at least one of the clock stem plugs, but they are yellowed. Give a shout if you want it.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
I've got at least one of the clock stem plugs, but they are yellowed. Give a shout if you want it.

I have met Big Daddy before - did not even get to say hello this time. He was cruising through the cars and stopped his golf cart just as I was taking a pic of the '60 300F, but got mobbed by a bunch of the 300 guys that wanted pics of him with their cars.

I double checked the clock stem plug tonight and Bambilicious still has hers. Slightly yellowed too. Maybe it can be polished up...??? If you have a spare, please send it to Bob.

ACME

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Basketcase said:

If you have a spare, please send it to Bob.

ACME

already offered it to SB, but he's holding out for one that's not yellow.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
I called the guy with all of the interior stuff and spoke to him on behalf of one of our members and it looks like he might be able to help him out. The guy's name is Jim and he said he only brought 25% of his RR parts stash to MWBD. He says between him and a buddy of his they have one of just about everything for a RR. So if you want me to make a call for you or want to do it yourself, again just let me know.

ACME

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
well don't make a special call, but if you happen to be talking to him......I could use a nice driver cond. front bumper. Thanks!

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
well don't make a special call, but if you happen to be talking to him......I could use a nice driver cond. front bumper. Thanks!

Dave I swapped e-mails with Jim on a couple of issues - one of which was a front bumper for you. The only bumpers he has would be cores suitable to use for re-chroming. Sorry.

Ray

Back