• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My low buck GTX engine swap

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
My low buck GTX engine swap
I've had the car since 1984 when I was 17 what you dodn't know is it always had a nice running 383 in it all these years.
well with the parting out of a 69 new yorker I had now switch the motors around and undid some sins of my youth in the process.

heres how it looked

1733_zps3f4060ab.jpg

1737_zpsc178de7f.jpg

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
I also got rid of my super coil and D.C. elec conversion orangebox kit and went to a pertronix to clean things up and repainted my air grabber and hood stripes too.

2013_zps34b43fea.jpg

2016_zps53664548.jpg

2015_zpsd200e405.jpg

a fender tag decal for the purists :cheers:

2014_zpsc8dc023c.jpg

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
so far so good with the car (don't buy your H-pipes off of ebay) with no debugging needed here it is at a local Fathers day car show, my Wife took the ragtop and loved driving it.

1991_zpsa6dbe0e9.jpg

1990_zps4edc9270.jpg

my goal is just to use the car a little and have some fun with it and keep it on a cheap budget hopefully some of that doesn't bite me in the butt, it's far from being a perfect car but it's back on the road and not in pieces. so I'm more than alright with it :banana:

the 383 will get moved to my next low buck project, time and money permitting

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Rich, that's a long time to keep a car I commend you on that, I wish I had done that. It cleaned up nice :cheers:

droptop

Reaction score
Cool!! Air grabber and hd cooling...must be linked to an axel package because I don't see any signs of a/c. It's a great feeling to one back on the road. :thumbsup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
looks great Rich :thumbsup: nothing wrong with trying to keep the costs down. shelling out lots of $$ isn't fun. The 'vert looks great too :thumbsup:

moparchris

Reaction score
Wow :eek: That turned out great!! I so despereately need to do that to my 69.5 Super Bee. I too have a low mile 440 hanging around that runs awesome. The older i get the more I realize that I don't need a perfect car, I just need one that suites my tastes. Its making my life much simpler. Good for you ENJOY!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparchris said:
Wow :eek: That turned out great!! I so despereately need to do that to my 69.5 Super Bee. I too have a low mile 440 hanging around that runs awesome. The older i get the more I realize that I don't need a perfect car, I just need one that suites my tastes. Its making my life much simpler. Good for you ENJOY!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
:basketcase: Older

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
3BIRDS1X said:
a fender tag decal for the purists :cheers:

Must be a Lynch Road car. There's not a lot of info there... :basketcase:

Looks great, Rich. :cheers:

3BIRDS1X

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words all, its rare times in my life when I have two toys roadworthy at the same time...........now if only I can do a third before the other two are trouble.

Back