• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Ride

hotrod98

Reaction score
That should be a fun project. You should see what the 69 runner that I have on the rotisserie looked like before I started. Your's is much nicer by far. Keep us posted on the progress once you get started.

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
shes going to be sweet...take your time...do it right and dont worry about the cost....shes going to be bad a$$ :thumbsup:

bigcountry

Reaction score
I has a running 440 in it now, but I got the original 383 block with the car and I need to see if it is salvagable. I would like to go back original with it. I like the gold color with the tan interior. It has the original trans still in there and should be good with a rebuild. I found all of the missing parts in rubbermaid totes in the trunk less the emblems. If the 383 block is good I am going to put the 440 in my Charger. The quaters will need to be redone the right way, it has new ones on it but they are set in place over a lip where the old ones were cut off and pop-riveted in place :rolleyes: I've been doing a lot of research since I can't do any actual work right now and have found out a lot about these cars (well at least more than I knew before I bought it). I have tons of references from magazines and websites to do my shopping when I am ready to start. I don't know if I have mentioned it yet or not but this will be my first car resto. My first anything was an old CJ-5 that was given to me. It was very easy and I was able to get an idea of what was involved. I realized after I bought it that the very first Road Runner I ever saw and knew what I was looking at was a few years ago at a show in Bardstown,KY and it was a survivor car the same color as the one I now own. Fate....maybe. I can't wait to bend some wrenches on it. :blah: Ok i'm done.

bigcountry

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
is it an air grabber car ?

I don't know if it was oiginally or not but it will be when I am done with it. :cool: :drive:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
that's gonna be a nice project BC.alot better than the last project I drug home. keep the pics comming!(but a liiitttle bigger please)

mjoyner408

Reaction score
are the hoods the same between the air graber and the non air graber? i am gona do an air graber on mine but i am gonna keep the original one non for originality.

bigcountry

Reaction score
I'll see what I can do. I won't be back home until October so that's all I will have until then. But as soon as I get home I will start work on her and get some more up.

bigcountry

Reaction score
mjoyner408 said:
are the hoods the same between the air graber and the non air graber? i am gona do an air graber on mine but i am gonna keep the original one non for originality.

I don't know the answer to that question, but I do know that my hood is shot so I have to get a new one anyway. The front edge underneath us rusted through all the way across. It's two seperate pieces of sheet metal when you open the hood and you an get your fingers between them.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
the '69 hoods are the same, ag/non ag. a '68 hood would work too, but you have to do some metal triming where the inserts go in. the '69 inserts are different. my last '69 had a '68 hood, but I wsn't sure untill I tried to put the '69 inserts in.

moparstuart

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
the '69 hoods are the same, ag/non ag. a '68 hood would work too, but you have to do some metal triming where the inserts go in. the '69 inserts are different. my last '69 had a '68 hood, but I wsn't sure untill I tried to put the '69 inserts in.
i always wondered about 68 hood they look so close except for the inserts point different directions (learn something new everyday ) LOL

hotrod98

Reaction score
The 69 hoods with the inserts are all setup for the air grabber. I have an air grabber setup for a 69 that I plan to sell if anyone's interested.
It has a couple of cracks but overall is nice. It has the crossover cable but not the dash cable. They're available.
I also have the hood inserts, they're very nice, and a fiberglass base that I think is for a 383. I have $800 in all four pieces and would just take my money back. I'll list in the parts section when I get time.

Back