• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my RR is gone off to Maryland, my new Mopar is here...

djais1801

Reaction score
For reasons to me, I had to let the Runner go, had to put some of my money elsewhere...but was able to grab another mopar to keep the garage filled...
It was a S.Carolina car 340-3spd, nom drivetrain, redone in original EW1, fender tag and broadcast sheet.
Upgrading to 4spd from Jamie Passon w/ pistol grip shifter, and white steelies with dodge redline poverty caps...coming soon!
FullSizeRender%201_zpsravcmarg.jpg
FullSizeRender%202_zpsg2qrvz8q.jpg
pbucket3_zpsykp6tjtu.jpg
pbucket5_zps7uv7xzb5.jpg
pbucket6_zps982zbmy2.jpg
pbucket2_zpsqgkkmm8s.jpg
demonresto4_zpsipolrti8.jpg
demonresto2_zpskuuptpio.jpg
demonresto5_zpsgf7fv7ub.jpg
demonresto1_zpsint4ib5b.jpg
demonresto3_zpsihkik9gz.jpg
demon013_zpsgsp9rs3k.jpg
demon011_zpssysingbg.jpg
demon012_zps1rzc77sr.jpg
demon009_zpstj7hi56n.jpg
demon010_zpsson3jeum.jpg

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Think I will cry. Will miss that bird. But not a bad trade off. It is a Mopar and that is good. Have fun with it. Russ.:applouse:

Sixtynine_Bird

Reaction score
Too bad that you had to let go the runner... But this Demon looks awesome too! can't wait to see that 4-speed in it! :)

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice Score! Was it converted from SBP to BBP? Can't really tell in the photos.

One of my '70 340 Dusters was originally a 3-spd car. Found out the hard way at the tender age of 16 that you can't just slap an A833 from a B-Body into one of those A-Bodies... :basketcase:

djais1801

Reaction score
Nice Score! Was it converted from SBP to BBP? Can't really tell in the photos.

One of my '70 340 Dusters was originally a 3-spd car. Found out the hard way at the tender age of 16 that you can't just slap an A833 from a B-Body into one of those A-Bodies... :basketcase:

yes this is what's been modded to my knowledge
- drivetrain is from a 73 duster 340 474 lift cam, eddy torker ii intake, holley 670 street avenger, 3spd (going to my trans shop tomorrow for a 4spd swap from jamie passon. saved $500 over brewers (mainly because i drove 2.5hrs to get it NO SHIPPING, paid cash ). and tall pistol grip from 71-74 bench st. b body
-wilwood manual disc up front i think axles are 73+ it has a wider track
-BBP

The wheels in my opinion are GROSS and will be sold once I get a correct setup (going for white steelies and dodge redline poverty caps).

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the complete drivetrain was imported from a '73 it would now have a 8.25" rear as the 8.75" bit the dust in the A-Bodies that year. Can't really tell from your one rear end shot. If it still has its original 8.75" with aftermarket BBP axles then that is part of what you are seeing. The aftermarket axles use the backing plates from the larger cars and the brake offset is different (wider) than the original A-Body brakes.

djais1801

Reaction score
If the complete drivetrain was imported from a '73 it would now have a 8.25" rear as the 8.75" bit the dust in the A-Bodies that year. Can't really tell from your one rear end shot. If it still has its original 8.75" with aftermarket BBP axles then that is part of what you are seeing. The aftermarket axles use the backing plates from the larger cars and the brake offset is different (wider) than the original A-Body brakes.

it still has an 8.75 rear with BBP axles. 489 case 355 gears

Back