• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Someday Project

droptop

Reaction score
This is going to be my concours restoration for "someday". This 1969 GTX was my first car that I bought in Aug of '76. Triple green (eat your heart out Dave) F5 green, green interior, and green v top. It has all the matching numbers everything. 440/727, 410 dana, N96, ps, pdisc, 6 way seat, am 8 track, ft and rear speakers, tinted glass, red reflective side stripe. I have all the original paper work that came from the dealership when the car was delivered. Advance shipping invoice, dealer prep check sheet, bill of sale, build sheet, data plate, etc.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
F5 is my paint code. If that is the original paint I would love to see pictures of that car to compare to mine. You've got a lot of nice options there. I wish my car still had the 8 track it came with but it's long gone.

dobie

Reaction score
Wow!! I love them F5 cars!!!! I can't wait to see more pictures.

:cheers:

droptop

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
F5 is my paint code. If that is the original paint I would love to see pictures of that car to compare to mine. You've got a lot of nice options there. I wish my car still had the 8 track it came with but it's long gone.

The car was painted once in 1985. I remember it being a shade darker after it was repainted.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
droptop said:
Roadcuda said:

The car was painted once in 1985. I remember it being a shade darker after it was repainted.

After talking to other F5 car owners who had their cars painted, they all have said that it was a hard color to match. One guy I spoke to at Carlisle said it took 6 or 7 trys to get the match right.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
tease! more pics! need some new carpet for that or your 300? make me an offer :jester:

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow! Neat Someday Project!

Surprised by the presence of the Dana though...As far as I knew (which admittedly isn't much) the A12 cars were the only automatic cars "supposed" (that would be a key word as many production "mistakes" by Ma Mopar have been documented) to get the Dana. Even the automatic Hemi cars got 8.75" rears. You might want to do some research on this particular component as this might make this gem even more rare!

Cool car. Loved to see that one just pop up here! :thumbsup:

Ray

droptop

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:

Surprised by the presence of the Dana though...As far as I knew (which admittedly isn't much) the A12 cars were the only automatic cars "supposed" (that would be a key word as many production "mistakes" by Ma Mopar have been documented) to get the Dana. Even the automatic Hemi cars got 8.75" rears. You might want to do some research on this particular component as this might make this gem even more rare!

Ray
A lot of people have questioned the dana option on this car. It's called the super performance axle package. It included hd cooling, 26" rad, ps cooler p/disc brakes and of course the 410 dana axle. It was no mistake, this car was special ordered by the head mechanic at our local Chrysler dealer. The other neat thing about this car is the tinted windows. Everyone tries to tell me that the only way you can get tinted windows is with air cond. Not true. It was a stand alone option in '69.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
droptop said:
ACME A12 said:

Ray
A lot of people have questioned the dana option on this car. It's called the super performance axle package. It included hd cooling, 26" rad, ps cooler p/disc brakes and of course the 410 dana axle. It was no mistake, this car was special ordered by the head mechanic at our local Chrysler dealer. The other neat thing about this car is the tinted windows. Everyone tries to tell me that the only way you can get tinted windows is with air cond. Not true. It was a stand alone option in '69.

Wow, that it is good info! What is the option code for the axle package? Any idea on how many were so equipped?
:thumbsup:
Ray

droptop

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
droptop said:
[quote="ACME A12":2w4mrph8]Wow! Neat Someday Project!

Ray

Wow, that it is good info! What is the option code for the axle package? Any idea on how many were so equipped?
:thumbsup:
Ray[/quote:2w4mrph8]

A32-Optional $271.50 - Super Performance Axle Package included:
D58 HD Rear Axle 4.10 ratio 9.75 ring gear dana
D91 Sure-Grip Differential
??? 7 blade torque drive fan
??? 26" High Performance Radiator w/shroud
B51 Power Front Disc Brakes

No idea how to find out have many were produced. Sure wish I could find these items for $271.50 today!!!!

droptop

Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
yeah we have to see this bad ass GTX.....pixs...pixs...pixs

It would take me the best part of a day to get this car dug out of the corner of the barn that it has been in for the last few years. I will see if I can find some pixs from back in the day when it domminated the streets in my home town.

Back