• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Winter Project

droptop

Reaction score
Here is my project for this winter. This '66 300 is a rust free car that has had a very sheltered life. I purchased it last summer with a bad engine. So far, I have installed a rebuilt engine (purchased at the Nats is Aug), New brakes (complete master cyl, lines, wheel cyl, and linings) gas shocks, dual exhaust, upper and lower ball joints, inner and outer tie rod ends, upper and lower control arm bushings. I have installed new legendary seat covers. They are ready to put in car. I still have to get a carpet installed before I can put the interior back together. I am also going to put on a v top. I have a set of Mirada wheels that I am going to put on. All I have to purchase is a set of tires, and we will be ready to cruise this spring.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I love those 300's. I learned to drive in my Dad's 68 300.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Our first real family car after the F8 hemi bird was a 66 4dr 300. I bought it from my dad what a great road car, my wife and I still talk about it!

droptop

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Very nice cruiser. We need more pics.

There is not enough light to get good pictures in the barn. I will get more taken and posted when I can get the car outside in the sun light.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
It looks like a nice ride. This past summer it seemed like there are more and more C-bodies coming to the Mopar cruise in and car shows. And that should be a great riding car for those long drives.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
love the 300s. the '69 'vert tht was lost in my fire was going to be mine somday.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, that will be fun to ride around in! Cool! A buddy of mine out in Calif. has a '66 'vert. He works at the MGM Building in Beverly Hills and it is his DAILY DRIVER. Not so unusual out there. Jump on the 405 and there's no telling what you'll see just driving down the road...

Hey Hoosier - looks like somebody stole Droptop's building insulation too! Man, this is becoming an epidemic...

:jester:
Ray

Back