• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need a quarter panel dimension, `70 road runner.

torredcuda

Reaction score
Can someone measure thier quarter panel from edge of door jamb to edge of extension right along the top edge? I am doing final fitting and my AMD panel seems to be just a bit long making my door gap too tight. I`m not sure if I just need to adjust it back a bit or it`s longer than factory and I need to hammer and dolly the front edge shorter?

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Do you still have your old panel. I complained to them about the fitment on the sheet metal. But just got the answer be glad you got something that looks like it. I don't know if a 69 quarter is the same or not. My hinge pillar bolt holes were off also the Threads in it for the hinges were metric thread. Had to neural my hinges to move the door forward. So, for me to measure off my 69 post car might not help you I don't think. I could be wrong.

torredcuda

Reaction score
`69 will not be the same as the extensions are different. Overall I am pretty happy as there is always some needed hammer, dolly, fitment work when replacing panels. I didn`t measure or save the old panels like I usually do as they were replaced with skins by a previuos owner and were a hack job.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That is a shame for sure. Hung on to the old panes till my car was finished. Just never know when you may need them to look at or like you say measure them. Sure, someone on here should have those measurements. Would like to see some pics. :thumbsup2:

torredcuda

Reaction score
Ya, I always hang to any old parts untill I ma sure I don`t need them. Pics are on my thread in restoration projects although I need to get some new ones up.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Checked out your pics and makes me flash back to when working on the runner. Once it is finished all the pain seem to be a past thing. Hope you can finish it soon so you can get it out and have fun. :thumbsup:

torredcuda

Reaction score
Ya, been thru it with my Barracuda - took me a long time to get it done but it was worth all the time, money and work. Progress seems painfully slow as old age and bad back limit my work time so probably looking at getting it in paint sometime late summer/fall and assemble it over the winter to hopefully be burning gas and rubber with it next season.

cuda metal work.jpg

cuda stripes.jpg

scan0008.jpg

torredcuda

Reaction score
It started out as a running , driving car I bought for $1000 in 1982, pics are after the 340 thru a couple rods so I had to tear it apart.

cuda blue.jpg

cuda blue int.jpg

Back