• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need assistance on Vin codes

62BT409

Reaction score
Well, Hi all..........
I have a gentleman looking at purchasing my '70 RR vert. I have the build sheet and Vin plate is on the car. This is a 2nd owner car and he asked for the sheet and pic of tag. No problem, so I sent it to him. He is Europe. Appears to be a good buyer. He has mentioned that the spoiler is not on the vin tag, I think I found the number in a list of tag info I found. It is (I think) J81 Rear Spoiler – Wing Type, but I can not see on the build sheet where the factory would list it. Also I see a listing for rallye wheels but do not see that on the vin tag. Would there be items on the car that would not be on the vin tag?
This will help: http://www.sizzlin.net/rr.htm

THX

clazar2121

Reaction score
I was told the spoiler was mostly a dealer installed item or add on. As for the wheels, not all things are on the vin tag. But should be on the build sheet if available.

Chuck

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Hi Jim. If time permits today I'll dig out my Dick Tracy decoder book LOL. Bird looks good.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like your broadcast sheet is coded for 14" colored steel wheels (W17) - not Rallye Wheels (W21).

I don't see any coding for the spoiler on the broadcast sheet either.

MsBeep

Reaction score
Did your 70 'vert go to a new owner across the water? Looks great! It really made me wish I had the Greenbacks to have given my '69 a stablemate...

Back