• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need carpet and door panels at least, any recommendations

nicanor

Reaction score
I know the car I bought needs carpeting and door panels. Is there a carpet kit out there?

Also I need interior door panels, for a post car. Does it make a difference? Where do you recommend finding some really nice ones?

Thank you,
Barry

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Best bet is new. Legendary Interiors !!
X2. You'll be glad you did...

ACC for the carpet kit. Available from many different sources.

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
nicanor said:
Also I need interior door panels, for a post car. Does it make a difference?

As a post car, if it has the A87 RR Decor group it should have the hardtop (Satellite) door panels. If not it should have the post (Belvedere) door panels.

nicanor

Reaction score
Thank you for the recommendations. What is ACC for a carpet? Is there a website?

How do I know if its a A87 RR decor group?

Thanks again,
Barry

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
nicanor said:
Thank you for the recommendations. What is ACC for a carpet? Is there a website?

How do I know if its a A87 RR decor group?

Thanks again,
Barry
Fender tag, broadcast sheet or post a pic of the old ones front and back if you have them. Or make it the way you want!

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
x2 for Legendary stuff. Can't go wrong with it.

moparchris

Reaction score
I dont know if you guys heard, but Motor Parts South and ECS sell better quality carpets that they ship flat. I have seen the carpets from ECS and they blow away ACC, way better. They are supposed to fit better (I have personally seen the fit) and are more resistant to fading, which ACC do immediately.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
moparchris said:
I dont know if you guys heard, but Motor Parts South and ECS sell better quality carpets that they ship flat. I have seen the carpets from ECS and they blow away ACC, way better. They are supposed to fit better (I have personally seen the fit) and are more resistant to fading, which ACC do immediately.
I have not seen the carpet but I did here it fits well and it comes in a big flat box not rolled up. :thumbsup:

nicanor

Reaction score
Do you have a website for ECS? I'll look them up.

Thank you,
Barry

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Heard really good stuff about the ECS products too...just no personal experience...

mcmopar

Reaction score
Never heard of ECS but they sound interesting. I've had my ACC carpets in the car since '03 and have had good results so far - no fading yet. :thumbsup:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
Maybe I'm wrong, but I seem to remember that ECS was just reselling ACC carpet. It was just that ECS was using flat packaging to ship.

moparchris

Reaction score
Big John said:
Maybe I'm wrong, but I seem to remember that ECS was just reselling ACC carpet. It was just that ECS was using flat packaging to ship.
My friend who restored that 70 340 Cuda that was at the MATS had a carpet kit from ECS. I have had emails back and forth between the gentleman who owns Motor parts south and he is claiming he has the carpets made by someone else. I know that both ECS (Dave Walden) and the guy from MPS were not happy with the location of the heel pad and had to have them made elsewhere.

V269

Reaction score
My interior is also Legendary and the carpets and floor mats are ACC. No issues with fit or fading as of yet but it was only installed over the winter. :thumbsup:

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Barry, just an FYI in case you are ready to order your door panels and seat covers - Legendary is offering free shipping on orders over $499.00 through August 15th. I got an e-mail from them this morning. Just thought I'd let you know.

Ray

Back