• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need help on dash wire.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
I just put a new dash harness in my car it's a year one/M&H harness.

everthing has been a plug and play just as in the FS manual wiring diagram and the color diagram I bought but,one wire I can't find in either diagram and it's a black wire with a white tracer on it.

it's right next to the red wire for the cigar lighter.

Anybody know where this wire plugs into or what it is for?

I know all black wires are groung but like I said this has a white tracer on it.:brickwall: :brickwall:

moparmonk

Reaction score
Look up Bill! I think it may be the ground for the heater fan switch. I just did a Charger and had the same issue and there was a plug hanging from the heater control area.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I just looked at the wiring diagram and there is a black with white tracer wire labeled Q4A-18BK* that runs from the lamp on buzzer to the fuse block. So that would be 18 gauge wire and it looks like it's power for the buzzer.

I've never seen a lamp on buzzer in a Roadrunner, but I'm not surprised if the wire is there.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Thanks Big.

I know that there are few wires in the harness that I don't need and I looked and looked and couldn't find out where that wire went.

I know my car didn't any buzzer on it.

Thanks to all replys!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

A31PKG

Reaction score
I see a C1-14BK* that goes from the fuse box to the blower motor switch. There is a connector along the way, beyond which it loses the tracer and becomes solid black. Does your car have A/C Bill?

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I see a C1-14BK* that goes from the fuse box to the blower motor switch. There is a connector along the way, beyond which it loses the tracer and becomes solid black. Does your car have A/C Bill?

That would be a larger wire (14 gauge) than the one I mentioned. Figuring the size will help.

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score

Craig,

No air only when the windows are down and I push on the GO pedal.:thumbsup:

abodybill

Senior Citizen Member
Reaction score
Naw Steve,

I got two models up from your's the 490 model

All 4 windows down and 90 MPH.:D

A31PKG

Reaction score
That would be a larger wire (14 gauge) than the one I mentioned. Figuring the size will help.

Yes, but he made no mention of the size so I just looked for a black wire w/tracer (BK*) and saw that one... 'tsall good...

Back