• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need little advise on intake for 470 !!!

Gene chiodo

Reaction score
OK guys since I'm a nut and a few grams or a few HP will make me nuts. My newest dilemma is with my 470 with 250 duration cam at 050 and 906 ported heads,10.5 compression and 850 mighty demon want to know witch intake would be best for a 600-625 HP 470/400. I just found out that my torker is best up to 500hp,so that's movin out!!! After reading as much as possible about the small port headed 470 It seems the 3 best intakes are the Street Dominator,the single plane M-1 and the Victor 383 the victor tops out on test engine at 617hp,with no low end,the next with 612hp is the M-1 witch ties with the street dominator in bottom and middle torque ,then the last was the Street DOMINATOR WITH 607HP THE rpm air gap WHILE IS BETTER DOWN LOW ONLY PUT OUT 593 AT 6500.....sO WHAT I WANT IS WHO CAN Tell me from experience which INTAKE hummmmm?????? have access to all for 150.00 plus, am I wrong that I am going to add a super insulating 1 inch 4 hole to witchever intake I choose......Let me have it!!!! thanx for last advise going with the Ross pistons for 646.00$ rather than the 440 source 600.00 or the icons 500.00 the ross are 550grms,440s 620grms and the icons are bricks at 707grms even though they are 150 cheaper my crank is too lite I would have to add Mallory to it and that eats up the 150 savings.........just to thank u guy from my last question:yesnod::yesnod::yesnod::yesnod:

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Hey Can I take a ride when this thing is done. Are you going to drag race the car or are you just looking to get as much horse power that you can. I can see that when we built a 440 that we had in a duster and street dragged we bored the thing till we saw day light and the motor would not run cool so we trailered it to where we were going to meat some one and had to put two bag's of ice on each side of the intake manifold. Take her to the line run the quarter and shut the thing off. Well Good luck let us know when you get it done and let's see some pick's of the beast.

IQ52

Reaction score
Well Gene, the ported Edelbrock Performer RPM intake is the best of both worlds. But nobody knows what you are using this engine for and what RPM range you plan on running it in. I've run them all on my dyno.

Coyote

Reaction score
Are you going to race a dyno or drive it in the real world? IMO that much displacement will have half decent torque unless you've got salt flats gearing. You may be surprised trying to hook it on launch even with the Victor. That cam probably won't even think about coming seriously alive until you're over 2,500 rpm. Interesting. If you want low end and decent top end I don't think you can beat the Edelbrock RPM. My .02 Good luck/please keeep us informed.

Back