• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Photos Of How Power Window Harnesses And Switches are placed in/on a 70 RR Cnvt.

soundhd

Reaction score
Have a recently purchased 1970 RR Convertible. Plan on adding power windows (can't have a convertible with manual windows...LOL) Wondering if anyone could post a couple photos of how the power window harnesses are run on and inside the front doors and the rear interior quarter panels and where the switches are placed on the interior door panels. Mopar shop manual does not show anything.
Thanks

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
If you have the original door panels, you should see the switch cutouts that are partially punched through on the back side.

FWIW, my 70 Chrysler 300 has the power window wiring for the rear windows running down the left side, splitting at the halfway mark and running across the floor pan under the seat and down the right side. I don't know if the RR does this too, but it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

One other thing my 70 C-body FSM does is it shows the wiring harness placement. Look in your 70 B-body FSM for this.

modernistsouth

Reaction score
The 70 B-Body FSM shows harness placement for window lift wiring on the Belvedere in Wiring Adaptations which is the last part of section 8. I think it's as Big John describes, which is also how the speaker wiring runs.

soundhd

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies but the 1970 FSM for Plymouth Belvedere, Fury, Barracuda & Valiant does not actually show how the power window wiring harness(es) are run within or outside the front doors or the rear interior panel (or any other harness routing for that matter). The manual has the wiring diagrams but no info on the actual placement of the harnesses......I will probably be able to figure it out but info/photos of where the harness mounting clips are placed on the doors & panels, etc... really help when installing......so I still do need photos if anyone has any......thanks again.

The 70 B-Body FSM shows harness placement for window lift wiring on the Belvedere in Wiring Adaptations which is the last part of section 8. I think it's as Big John describes, which is also how the speaker wiring runs.

droptop

Reaction score
My good friend has power windows on his '70 Coronet 500. Might be a while before I can get some pics of it for you. It's not even officially winter yet, and I am already tired of it.

Chet's Cars 005.jpg

Chet's Cars 005.jpg

modernistsouth

Reaction score
Do you still need photos of where the switches go? They're in the same location as the hand cranks. Here is a panel with the perforated cut-out. They're sized according to the switch:

photo.jpg

photo.jpg

soundhd

Reaction score
That answers the question about the driver's door panel switch location.........that's good....looks like the 4 gang switch will cover the hand crank hole on the driver's side........what about the passenger side?........the single switch is a lot smaller, assume the cutout is smaller also? As for the rear panels, they are plastic.......any idea how that works?

Do you still need photos of where the switches go? They're in the same location as the hand cranks. Here is a panel with the perforated cut-out. They're sized according to the switch:

View attachment 4950

Back