• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need pics of bumper bracket to frame

Rocket

Reaction score
I'm about to mount my front and rear bumper but need a reference as to what bolts I need . Anybody have pics of their bumper mounts from the underside view? Thanks in advance. Finally have enough extra cash to finish this thing!

Rocket

Reaction score
Thanks! Do you have any of the bumper bracket to frame?

Rocket

Reaction score
Thanks man, I am a little overwhelmed by all the work I have left on this car. I appreciate the help.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Rear bumper. Note my car had no evidence of having a second bottom bolt from the bracket to frame and it had never been touched according to the original owner, also the book does not show a nut and bolt set to go there either, so it went back together the same way.

bumper fasteners 006 (640x480).jpg

bumper fasteners 004 (640x480).jpg

bumper fasteners 003 (640x480).jpg

Rocket

Reaction score
We had to install a new crossmember for the rear and it doesn't have the weld in nuts. Do I just wing it and put a nut on a bolt?

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Rocket said:
We had to install a new crossmember for the rear and it doesn't have the weld in nuts. Do I just wing it and put a nut on a bolt?
If you can get your fingers in there. Who looks under there anyway :lol: But then again the nuts are welded to the brakets anyway, easy to do

Rocket

Reaction score
Thanks man! I just ordered the fastener book because I don't want to drive all you guys crazy with my questions. I'll try not to wear out my welcome. Thanks again, I appreciate the pics!

dobie

Reaction score
And it's greatly appreciated, especially coming from a guy like me, who wasn't around when these cars were new, or even a 10 yr old used car.

A31PKG

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
Rear bumper. Note my car had no evidence of having a second bottom bolt from the bracket to frame and it had never been touched according to the original owner, also the book does not show a nut and bolt set to go there either, so it went back together the same way.

I found that interesting as well... None of my B-bodies had a bolt installed there either. I went to a salvage yard years ago and found a '68 Coronet 4-door with a trailer hitch that bolted right up to the factory holes including that one.

Maybe it was there for a trailer hitch? :huh:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
A31PKG said:
69hemibeep said:

I found that interesting as well... None of my B-bodies had a bolt installed there either. I went to a salvage yard years ago and found a '68 Coronet 4-door with a trailer hitch that bolted right up to the factory holes including that one.

Maybe it was there for a trailer hitch? :huh:
Could be, would a bumperett tie into that ?

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I don't think so. The bumpers I had on Freebird had those, and there still wasn't anything in that hole.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Basketcase said:
I don't think so. The bumpers I had on Freebird had those, and there still wasn't anything in that hole.
Maybe the Dodge side of the house used them :huh:

Back