• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need Some help

CWR

Reaction score
As Indicated in a previous post I purchased a '69 RR and had it delivered Sunday. A couple of questions. I need a windsheild washer pump/motor.Where are some of the best online stores? I need one for my road safety inspection.
Also in regards to the hood..............the two sccops on each side have a solid piece of red plastic...............not a screen..........was that a factory thing or a modification? I would like to install a screen preferably. Hope my questions are not too basic.

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
The best online parts store I've used is Rock Auto. http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php

They show a pump for $12.

Rock Auto doesn't do restoration parts, but chances are its the same piece someone like Year One would sell you for three times the price.

As far as the hood, the "scoops" have either an insert or if it has an Air Grabber, it will have screens. They're not plastic though.

CWR

Reaction score
There is nothing to indicate that it is an "air grabber"

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
glad you got your car. hope you're happy with it, and be sure to post up some pics!

mcmopar

Reaction score
You can put the screen inserts in your power bulges if you can find them. They are usually very expensive and I'm not sure if anyone is reproducing them as of yet. Since it is not an air grabber car they will allow underhood heat to escape but that's about it - oh and they will allow rain to get in under the hood and on your nice engine but other than that they will only be a cosmetic touch. I thought of adding them to my car but the cost and lack of any benefit caused me to ditch the idea.

CWR

Reaction score
My inserts are red...............not the best match for an orange car...........does anyone paint them? I think maybe black?

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mcmopar said:
You can put the screen inserts in your power bulges if you can find them. They are usually very expensive and I'm not sure if anyone is reproducing them as of yet. Since it is not an air grabber car they will allow underhood heat to escape but that's about it - oh and they will allow rain to get in under the hood and on your nice engine but other than that they will only be a cosmetic touch. I thought of adding them to my car but the cost and lack of any benefit caused me to ditch the idea.

They're being reproduced now - someone (Chris maybe???) posted some info on this a couple of months ago. A quick search of the site should yield the desired results.

Ray

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
CWR said:
My inserts are red...............not the best match for an orange car...........does anyone paint them? I think maybe black?

There's a simple philosophy shared by seemingly everyone here: It's your car, so do what makes you happy. Although I will tell you that if you throw a set of donk wheels on it I wouldn't expect to receive too many rave reviews from the crew here... :lol:

Me personally, I like the contrast between the red and the blacked out sections of the hood...orange body color or not...

:jester:
Ray

mac

What ?
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
mcmopar said:

They're being reproduced now - someone (Chris maybe???) posted some info on this a couple of months ago. A quick search of the site should yield the desired results.

Ray

found this in the links section. hope this helps.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/sho ... w=1#UNREAD

CWR

Reaction score
I just inserted the proper "440" plates on the intakes instead of the 383's that were there. I,m going to leave the red inserts as is, I'd Rather it look reasonably "factory" My next task is to clean up the engine compartment. I believe i've seen some info her on engine paint and removing grease stains etc

Thanks for all the opinions. I do a fair amount of reading but nothing better than talking to RR owners. :yesnod:

moparstuart

Reaction score
CWR said:
I just inserted the proper "440" plates on the intakes instead of the 383's that were there. I,m going to leave the red inserts as is, I'd Rather it look reasonably "factory" My next task is to clean up the engine compartment. I believe i've seen some info her on engine paint and removing grease stains etc

Thanks for all the opinions. I do a fair amount of reading but nothing better than talking to RR owners. :yesnod:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

mcmopar

Reaction score
mac said:
ACME A12 said:
mcmopar said:

Ray

found this in the links section. hope this helps.

http://board.moparts.org/ubbthreads/sho ... w=1#UNREAD

Thanks for the link. If I get some spare cash I might revisit the idea.

Back