• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New carb air grabber fitment

Collin

Reaction score
Issues with my carter AVS lately. Read a lot on here and looking to possibly go Holley 750 with the vacuum secondaries. I have the cast iron stock intake and air grabber good. Will the baseplate for this carb and fit with the air grabber set up? Seems like most guys like this carb a little bit better than an Edelbrock

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I'm sure some one will chime in with how the air cleaner base fits. As far as carb I have 2
holley 3310's I am using and they are quite tunable. I also have a 750 carter comp with was the predecessor to the Eddy, nothing wrong with it either. I have been told stories of off idle stumble on the 750 Eddy but not the 650 but that might be the tuner.

Ranger

Reaction score
FWIW, I am running a 750 Eddy (was on the car when I bought it) and have no problems.

Collin

Reaction score
Ranger, do you have an air grabber car? Did you need a riser or adapter?

Ranger

Reaction score
No sir, no Air Grabber. When I said "no problem" I was referring to the off idle stumble mentioned by 69hemibeep. Sorry for the confusion.

droptop

Reaction score
I say go for it. If there is an issue with the air grabber, you can always use a 440 bottom plate. That will give you about one and half inches of added clearance. :cents:

Blunt350

Reaction score
Have 69 but have 440 in it and just put Holley 750 on it and don't have any issues with clearance issues with my grabber hood.

Back