• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Engine Harness, Now No Horn.

rockdog2112

Reaction score
My 69 RR which has an updated ignition and charging system(70 and newer) as far as I can tell, got a new engine compartment harness from year one. (seems pretty nice). Everything worked except the horn which worked fine before. Any ideas?

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
It could be a lot of things. Check the horn operation first (12v jumper from battery to horn). If if that works, then check voltage to the relay. If no voltage to relay, then I would bet on a bad ground or connection in the steering column/wheel.

rockdog2112

Reaction score
I just put in a new steering column harness and everything worked well but I will check all those items this afternoon. Thanks. Maybe. It depends on how much I eat. Might be napping. lol

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
did the horn work OK with the old harness? If so, compare the old with the new. Make sure the horn wires are in the same location on the plugs.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
did the horn work OK with the old harness? If so, compare the old with the new. Make sure the horn wires are in the same location on the plugs.

If you would read his first post you would know :wedgie:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
and this is why I singled you out.....:bart:

rockdog2112

Reaction score
Mystery solved. The spade in the bulkhead connector was pushed in. Pulled it out and carefully reinstalled the harness and everything worked. Meep Meep! Thanks for the help yet again guys.

Back