• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NEW FUEL CELL

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
[attachment=0:2w19nmb9]DSC00961 (Small).JPG[/attachment:2w19nmb9][attachment=1:2w19nmb9]DSC00962.JPG[/attachment:2w19nmb9][attachment=2:2w19nmb9]DSC00965.JPG[/attachment:2w19nmb9]my fuel cell was around 12 years old and was getting worried about the foam inside the cell breaking apart and couldnt get the fuel level gauge to work right.....so i just finished up putting in the new fuel cell and re-plumbed all the stainless steel braided fuel lines and lowered the fuel filter and fuel pump below the fuel cell.....the sender is a 0-90 ohm chevy ...so i bought a chevy auto-meter fuel level gauge....i was pulling out my hair with the other sender which i just replaced about 2 months ago.....i was reading the auto-meter how to and it said that the mopar gauges didnt work correctly which i found out after the second sender....sorry guys ...a mopar with chevy junk in it :brickwall:
heres some pics of the runners new stuff...

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
well...at least it doesn't have chebby stuff under the hood.......

george68hemirr

Reaction score
[attachment=0:6za8qn9w]DSC00964.JPG[/attachment:6za8qn9w]heres a pic of the battery box with the aeromotive billet fuel pump controller and a ford solenoid....for you guy who dont know what this fuel pump controller does heres some info...

For any pump, on any type of vehicle, this voltage stepper is like an automatic transmission for your electric fuel pump.

Whether you’re just cruising or running at Wide Open Throttle (WOT), Aeromotive’s Billet Fuel Pump Controller senses engine RPMs, then automatically delivers the correct voltage to the Fuel Pump. An adjustable controller lets you calibrate the desired RPM level for your specific application.

Controller features:

*LED indicator confirms correct ignition signal hookup, verifies energization of the manual override circuit, and indicates that the circuit is providing full voltage to the pump.
*A solid-state transistor circuit replaces the relays recommended in most fuel pump electrical circuits.
*Cool operation – mount it virtually anywhere.
*Housing crafted from billet 6061-T651 aircraft aluminum alloy, protected with a beautiful bright dip red anodized finish.
*Complete installation kit —wire, override toggle switch, installation hardware, and instructions included.

if i didnt use this the fuel pump would be history after a while since it pumps out 250 gallons per hour

george68hemirr

Reaction score
Basketcase said:

talk about chevys ...my buddy has a 34 plymouth 2dsd with a 350 chevy in it and every time something goes wrong with it i lay it into him and say the plymouth is ashamed of the chevy and is protesting....

HERES SOME PICS OF THE OLD SET UP...

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nice pics and nice installation, George. By what means does the controller sense RPM and therefore fuel requirements? AN-8 or -10 hose? What's the diameter on your exhaust also? Sorry so many questions, but I'm innately curious about these things...

:jester:
Ray

george68hemirr

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
Nice pics and nice installation, George. By what means does the controller sense RPM and therefore fuel requirements? AN-8 or -10 hose? What's the diameter on your exhaust also? Sorry so many questions, but I'm innately curious about these things...

Ray
this controller senses fuel needs by the rpms off the tach then giving the electric fuel pump the correct voltage...low speed at low rpms and max speed after 3000rpms which can be adjusted at whatever rpm you want....it can also be overriddin by a toggle switch on demand, which is what i do at the track.....i was reading that somebody did this and thought its a great idea to slow down the pump at low rpms so it last longer instead of screaming at 250gph all the time....the fuel pump also has a bypass which dumps fuel back in the tank when it has its 7.5 max pressure at the carbs
i am using 8 an hose from the pump to the fuel pressure regulator then 4- 6 an hose split off to the dominators......it works and doesnt starve for fuel ...ir it did i could run another hose off the cell to the same fuel filter to an other fuel pump,,,run another hose to another fuel pressure regulator....then each dominator would have its own fuel system....man thats dumping fuel then.....how about these top fuel guys ...a quarter mile they use 16 gallons of nitro in 3 -4 seconds
exhaust...headers...2 1/8 primaries...3 1/2 collectors...electric dumps/ 3 inch and 3 inch out the back

ask all the questions you want...thats how i learned.....anytime buddy :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

george68hemirr

Reaction score
Hoosier Bird said:
Wow, you do know how to post pics............. :lol: Looks great George......... :thumbsup:
for some reason my pc downstairs i cant resize my pics but upstairs i can....his and hers pcs :D

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
ACME A12 said:

Ray
this controller senses fuel needs by the rpms off the tach then giving the electric fuel pump the correct voltage...low speed at low rpms and max speed after 3000rpms which can be adjusted at whatever rpm you want....it can also be overriddin by a toggle switch on demand, which is what i do at the track.....i was reading that somebody did this and thought its a great idea to slow down the pump at low rpms so it last longer instead of screaming at 250gph all the time....the fuel pump also has a bypass which dumps fuel back in the tank when it has its 7.5 max pressure at the carbs
i am using 8 an hose from the pump to the fuel pressure regulator then 4- 6 an hose split off to the dominators......it works and doesnt starve for fuel ...ir it did i could run another hose off the cell to the same fuel filter to an other fuel pump,,,run another hose to another fuel pressure regulator....then each dominator would have its own fuel system....man thats dumping fuel then.....how about these top fuel guys ...a quarter mile they use 16 gallons of nitro in 3 -4 seconds
exhaust...headers...2 1/8 primaries...3 1/2 collectors...electric dumps/ 3 inch and 3 inch out the back

ask all the questions you want...thats how i learned.....anytime buddy :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Figured the controller was tach driven but wasn't sure...only thing that made sense to me...

And I thought that you had mentioned 3" exhaust out the back before but in the pic they look like they might be a smaller diameter...probably just the perspective or the angle the pic was taken making it hard to judge the diameter... I know by the way it runs that you aren't intentionally choking that big-boy Hemi...so it had to just be something with how the picture appears :thumbsup:

george68hemirr

Reaction score
well everything checks out...pressure tested fuel system..no leaks...the chevy gauge even works...man what a pleasure to see how much gas is in cell...that sucked......msd 6al-2 works great...its a two step....i can set max rpms, say 3500rpms.. when i have the line lock on and when i release that she goes to say 7500 rpms or whatever i want...plus more juice to the plugs....now i can button her up...wire loom it....now all i need is a drag strip to play :party: :party: :party: :party:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
Basketcase said:

talk about chevys ...my buddy has a 34 plymouth 2dsd with a 350 chevy in it and every time something goes wrong with it i lay it into him and say the plymouth is ashamed of the chevy and is protesting....

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: I'll hafta remember that the new show I go to...... :acme:

george68hemirr

Reaction score
then my other buddy has a 64 falcon futura ragtop pro-street with a 440 in it....the falcon is really happy

ACME A12

Staff member
Reaction score
george68hemirr said:
then my other buddy has a 64 falcon futura ragtop pro-street with a 440 in it....the falcon is really happy

I have a buddy that is an Engineer at phord - he worked at SVT and did the interior and graphics on the GT500 - I get all kinds of crappy phord this and phord that e-mails from him and his cronies... I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE SOME PICTURES OF THAT CAR, GEORGE...!!! That ought to have them seeing sideways for weeks... :lmao:

george68hemirr

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
george68hemirr said:

I have a buddy that is an Engineer at phord - he worked at SVT and did the interior and graphics on the GT500 - I get all kinds of crappy phord this and phord that e-mails from him and his cronies... I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE SOME PICTURES OF THAT CAR, GEORGE...!!! That ought to have them seeing sideways for weeks... :lmao:

the second car in the video is my buddies 440 mopar powered ford falcon....i dont know why ford dont throw out there motors and just drop in a real motor...MOPAR!!!!!!.....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CS9pjFxyDTE

Back