• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Here

mcmopar

Reaction score
That's a nice car, Matt. I've always had a soft spot for the 66-67 Belvedere/Satellite/GTX body style. Welcome to the nest!

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
69rrvert said:
Welcome to the board Matt. At least it's not green :horse: . Thanks - Steven

box of sand fleas to Texas......

nice car Matt...more pics!!

GTX MATT

Reaction score
Collin said:
Let me know if you head to West Haven, I work for the fire department there and typically live there during the summer....They get a good turn out every wednesday.

Collin, whats the exact location? I wanted to go about two weeks ago but Im not so sure where it is. Its about a 45 minute drive from me which I have no problem with, but I dont have time to go figure out where it is another night during the week and im not sure enough to head down on a Wednsday night and find it because I probably wouldnt. I understand its near a BP station and right on the beach. If I get out of work earlier enough tomarrow I'd like to head down if the weathers nice. I have to take a look at the schedule and see what needs to get done tomarrow.

Roadcuda

Reaction score
GTX MATT said:
Collin said:
Let me know if you head to West Haven, I work for the fire department there and typically live there during the summer....They get a good turn out every wednesday.

Collin, whats the exact location? I wanted to go about two weeks ago but Im not so sure where it is. Its about a 45 minute drive from me which I have no problem with, but I dont have time to go figure out where it is another night during the week and im not sure enough to head down on a Wednsday night and find it because I probably wouldnt. I understand its near a BP station and right on the beach. If I get out of work earlier enough tomarrow I'd like to head down if the weathers nice. I have to take a look at the schedule and see what needs to get done tomarrow.
Matt, for both you and Collin, if you don't mind about an hours drive, you might consider coming up to Newington. Most every Saturday night at Burger King on the Berlin Turnpike, there is a very good mopar cruise. While all American makes are welcome, mopars get up front parking. There are always a few Road Runners (69s), and at least 2, '67 Satellites, one's a Hemi. There is no formal cruise this week as the guy who runs it will be at the Nats. There is a show scheduled for the 15th, and 22nd. If you want to see some pics of the cars we get, look in Moparts photo section under Ralphs cruise in. If you're interested and need directions send me a pm.

Collin

Reaction score
GTX MATT said:
Collin said:

not positive on where you are coming from but heres the mapquest from just typing in Danbury CT.

1: Start out going NORTHEAST on LIBRARY PL toward TOWER PL. 0.1 mi Map

2: Turn LEFT onto MAIN ST/CT-53. 0.8 mi Map Avoid

3: Merge onto I-84 E toward WATERBURY/NEW MILFORD. 10.7 mi Map Avoid

4: Take EXIT 11 toward CT-34/DERBY/NEW HAVEN. 0.7 mi Map Avoid

5: Turn RIGHT onto MILE HILL RD. 0.2 mi Map Avoid

6: Turn RIGHT onto CT-34/BERKSHIRE RD. Continue to follow CT-34. 6.3 mi Map Avoid

7: Turn RIGHT onto ROOSEVELT DR/CT-34. Continue to follow CT-34 E. 13.9 mi Map Avoid

8: Turn RIGHT onto FOREST RD/CT-122. Continue to follow CT-122. 1.1 mi Map Avoid

9: Turn SLIGHT LEFT onto CAMPBELL AVE/CT-122. Continue to follow CAMPBELL AVE. 1.4 mi Map Avoid

10: Turn RIGHT onto ELM ST. 0.5 mi Map Avoid

11: Turn LEFT onto WAGNER PL/CT-162. 0.1 mi Map Avoid

12: Stay STRAIGHT to go onto KELSEY AVE. 0.9 mi Map Avoid

13: KELSEY AVE becomes ROCK ST. 0.0 mi Map Avoid

14: 9 ROCK ST is on the LEFT.

I have to tell you though, its a very nice stretch of beach and a nice drive. You can drive all the way along the beach and it will bring you to a rotary where you can turn back and drive down the beach again, just in case you wanted a second look at the girls in the bikinis! If you make it down before 6 post on here, I will be working at the firehouse on the beach and you can bring your car by!!!!

West Haven Cruise Night Presented by The Shoreline Time Machine. Conference Center 9 Rock Road. West Haven, Ct. 6pm to 10pm

Collin

Reaction score
Roadcuda said:
GTX MATT said:
Collin said:

Matt, for both you and Collin, if you don't mind about an hours drive, you might consider coming up to Newington. Most every Saturday night at Burger King on the Berlin Turnpike, there is a very good mopar cruise. While all American makes are welcome, mopars get up front parking. There are always a few Road Runners (69s), and at least 2, '67 Satellites, one's a Hemi. There is no formal cruise this week as the guy who runs it will be at the Nats. There is a show scheduled for the 15th, and 22nd. If you want to see some pics of the cars we get, look in Moparts photo section under Ralphs cruise in. If you're interested and need directions send me a pm.

I will have to come up on a saturday that im not working!! Do you ever go to the heavenly donuts show on 34? Or the show thats in granby?

GTX MATT

Reaction score
Collin I probably wont go tomarrow because of work and the fact that I can't take my car anyway (drivers seat cover is off and I wont have time to get it back on). If I go I'd be in my beater.

I go to the Heavenly Donut every Sunday. Its a nice cruise and we always have some cool Mopars. I go to the same shows pretty much Friday Saturday and Sunday. Friday night its the Dairy Queen in Monroe on 111, Saturday night is Bills Drive in up the street from DQ and ocasionally Sycamore in Bethel CT or Marcus in Danbury. Every Sunday its the Donut for me. Other nights of the week I jump around if I've got the time, but the beach cruise sounds good. Hopefully I can check it out in the next week or two.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm quite jealous that you guys have all of these MoPar cruise-ins to go to... The local MoPar club here is weak - most area MoPar guys aren't even members because the group that runs it are by all accounts a$$holes... So I'm left to the come-one-come-all deals...and usually the only MoPar there... Went to the DQ cruise-in down in Tampa last Friday night in the Swinger. Some kid showed up with a '72 Scamp so I wasn't the only MoPar there...but he was down here on vacation from South Carolina...! :brickwall:

:jester:

Collin

Reaction score
Dont feel too bad I went to a show just the other week and there was 2 mopars there....Its not that I dont like the other kinds, well yes that is exactly what it is Mopar or No car for me. Yeah I guess we are pretty lucky, I just really am finding out about all these shows as I get into talking to people on here. I was looking to join a mopar club, but decided that since my car is not built yet and wont be until at least the spring that I should hold off. This is my mopar club anyways!

Speaking of shows though, Due to the fact that I have about 3-4 people local to me that I could never pic out of a crowd...The whole T-shirts idea would be really cool! That way we could at least ID members at a show!

Back