• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new here

mopartink

Reaction score
Hi just introducing myself I'm Tom I live in the buffalo area of new york i have a 69 1/2 roadrunner that i've owned for about 15 yrs its far from stock lol its tubbed with a 4 link and ford 9" rear diff i have done alot to it i recently converted it to power disk brakes and power steering im in the process of repainting it and am also going to put the vinyl top back on for this paint job. I also just got an uncut dash wiring harness and an original standard speedometer cluster that I'm installing now I never had the original cluster and always had just aftermarket gauges and my harness was cut up bad and half missing i made what harness i needed myself and have a couple questions about the new stuff.. not sure if this is where i can ask or not but my first question is the ignition switch which i never had either i found the parts store had a 68 switch in stock for $20 but no one has one for 69 except eBay and their allot more expensive i bought the one for the 68 and it will plug in only the ground terminal on the switch is not used and the diameter is smaller.does any one know if it will work and do the job if i can mount it? are the wires in the correct spots on the plug? would i have to run a ground to the switch or just leave the terminal unused? i also have a wiring diagram and there's a couple wires in the harness i cant find in the diagram to see where they go. mainly the 3 wire plug that wires from my map light also go to. i think its for the light delay timer but its not in the diagram all there is what they're calling a lights on warning buzzer but the wire colors don't match and i cant find the 3 wire plug that's in the diagram on my harness any help with this would be awsome and greatly appreciated thanks

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Tom! :cheers:

My first suggestion is to cut and paste your wiring questions into a separate, new thread in the Tech Stuff section.

ACME

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Give me or us some time to find it, but there is an outfit repopping 69 ignition switches now. Welcome aboard

mopartink

Reaction score
Thanks guys! im going to repost my wiring question in the tech section and il post some pics in a little while as soon as i figure out my way around on this site lol

mopartink

Reaction score
BahamaA12RR said:
Welcome from Ohio.

Any photos of your bird?

:beep:

well i finaly figured out how to post pics by hitting the full editor button at the bottom here but the file size on all my pics are too large so il have to sit down and resize a bunch also can i post videos here? got some cool burnout ones lol

mopartink

Reaction score
i did resize one for my avatar pic thats in front of the historic new york central terminal in buffalo ny

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
mopartink said:
i did resize one for my avatar pic thats in front of the historic new york central terminal in buffalo ny

like to see more of the terminal(RR buff)

Back