• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

new here

mopartink

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
mopartink said:
i have a 69 1/2 roadrunner that i've owned for about 15

Tom, so your car is an A12 that has been back-halved? :popcorn:

yes but alot more than back halfed its a full frame front to back also now.. i explain alot more in my thread in the pics section on here check it out

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
mopartink said:
ACME A12 said:
mopartink said:

yes

Is it listed on the A12 Registry? If not, we'd love to have to you provide the vital statistics so that one more A12 is documented and accounted for... :yesnod:

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
[quote="ACME A12":1ss13bc4]
mopartink said:

yes [/quote:1ss13bc4]

Is it listed on the A12 Registry? If not, we'd love to have to you provide the vital statistics so that one more A12 is documented and accounted for... :yesnod:[/quote]
i guess 1/2 and A-12 is better then no A-12 :jester:

mopartink

Reaction score
mopartink said:
ACME A12 said:
mopartink said:

yes but alot more than back halfed its a full frame front to back also now.. i explain alot more in my thread in the pics section on here check it out

i will see about putting it on the registry but want to do some research to make sure it is definitely an a12 first. can i tell that by the vin# ? i never had fender tags or a build sheet for the car and i wasn't thinking anything special when u said a12 i thought u were just asking if it was a 69 1/2.. believe it or not the 15yrs of owning this car i never heard a12 before i feel kinda silly. i always knew it was a 69 1/2 because i had run into a couple things on it that were original and ended up being 69 1/2 specific and the guy i bought it from said it was a 69 1/2. even when i got the car it wasn't something i checked into or knew about. it was kinda like the movie Christine lol i was driving down the road and seen the orange shell of a car next to a barn, almost caused an accident coming to a screeching stop parked on the side of the road and walked over to it and it was love at first site i had to have it..it was just an empty shell sitting on the ground with the tubbing and frame work almost done..no engine, tranny, rearend, interior, the fenders were just sitting on the car with one bolt in each, the empty doors, hood, trunklid, and all the glass were sitting there kind of in a pile leaned againt the barn. but everything looked pretty solid so i knocked on the door and talked to the owner which by the way was one of the largest men i ever seen in my life this guys hands could palm my head like a basketball and pick me up lol i was glad he diddnt beat my ass for goin in his yard.. he said he wasnt trying to sell it but wasnt doing anything with it anytime soon either he was busy building his new house. well after a week i talked him into selling it to me and i got it for $500. when i picked it up me and two other friends picked the whole shell up by hand and set it on the trailer then it was another trip with a trailer and pickup full of fenders,doors,trunk, glass and about 20 cardbord boxes full of parts..at that time i wasnt really into the internet an online and that so it was like a big jigsaw puzzle. the hardest part of putting it back together was trying to figure out how to put the doors back together all the rods and linkages and the vent windows and im still not sure if their all in there right seems ive never seen a diagram of the inside of the door with every little peice but they work lol everyone told me i was nuts and was never gonna get it together my buddy even made a bet with me that if i ever even got it rolling on 4 wheels he would push me around the yard in it lol.. well in one winter i had a rearend made just a stock ford 9" housing cut down with stock axles cut and resplined, engine and tranny built, painted running and driving and have been driving it since breaking things, upgrading, changing things, getting all the OE stuff to make it complete. ebay has been one of my best friends for the past about 10 yrs lol.. well thats the story of how i got it theres alot more stories about the guy who owned it before and what he did with it and allot more since ive owned it..

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
The 5th digit on your vin would be an "M"=440-6 and the 7th digit would be an "A"= Lynch Rd Plant

mopartink

Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
The 5th digit on your vin would be an "M"=440-6 and the 7th digit would be an "A"= Lynch Rd Plant

my first 7 are rm23h9a the h=383 i think.. so i guess that means its not an a12? im almost 100% sure its a 69 1/2, were a12s the only ones for 69 1/2.... :huh:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
mopartink said:
69hemibeep said:

my first 7 are rm23h9a the h=383 i think.. so i guess that means its not an a12? im almost 100% sure its a 69 1/2, were a12s the only ones for 69 1/2.... :huh:
H is a 383. As far as 69 1/2 the A12 cars got that nickname for being a mid year introduction. Other than that it means nothing.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
mopartink said:
69hemibeep said:

H is a 383. As far as 69 1/2 the A12 cars got that nickname for being a mid year introduction. Other than that it means nothing.
:yeathat:

If you tell a Road Runner aficianado that your car is a '69 1/2 then they will assume that it is an A12. Better to just call it a '69.

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
glad you saved it. got any as found/before pics? :D

mopartink

Reaction score
Basketcase said:
glad you saved it. got any as found/before pics? :D

ya know everyone always asks me that and now i really wish i had but i was stupid and didn't take any pics as found or putting it together the first time. as i said when i got it i wasn't into the internet, didn't even own a computer or camera, even the cell phone i had didn't have a camera and buying a camera was the last thing on my mind.. somewhere buried in boxes of papers i have a couple pics the guy i bought it from gave me of when he had it before he tore it all apart in the origanal orange paint.. but this teardown and repaint ive already took hundreds of pics.. I am gonna check with a friend i havent talked to in a while that i think may have taken some pics when i got it an that.

Back