• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Holster

dobie

Reaction score
My new holster came last night, finally. I've tried many holsters over the years, like many of us Im sure, and Ive found Comp-tac's MTAC to be the most comfy over extended periods. Here it is with my LW Commander, getting all broken in.

:cheers:

8-13_zpsb96eb645.jpg
9-9_zps2e98b9e4.jpg

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very cool!

I just got an e-mail from S&W on Thursday stating that they had shipped the extra magazines I ordered for the Bodyguards. Couldn't find any locally so I finally gave up and ordered them directly. Just seems like it is hard to find anything right now...

dobie

Reaction score
Good deal! Yeah, right now I'd say that the manufacturer's are the best bet for any accessories, especially magazines.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I don't carry exposed all the time like folks in your profession don't think about comfort that much, struck me as kinda funny but made sense. Looks nice Steve. On the subject of holsters is there such a thing as a conceal carry holster that doesn't make it look like your carrying, most are bulky and with the light clothing we generally wear down here I end up carrying a pocket 380 rather than the 9MM I would like to carry.

dobie

Reaction score
It's really a combination of a good concealable firearm and a proper holster. The MTAC is an "Inside The Waistband" holster. A good holster, with proper clothes, will hide more than you might imagine. Then again, it's gonna be far easier to conceal a baby Glock than it is a Sig P226 or Beretta 92FS.

An IWB holster will conceal much easier than an OWB holster. To be comfortable, however, a small gun is important. On that note, its the grip of the firearm that prints against your clothing. Barrel length doesn't really matter. A single stack pistol will also conceal easier than a double stack, as the double stack grip is obviously thicker. I can conceal my Glock 26 just fine, although my new LW Commander prints a tad less, as its a single stack, even though its a bit bigger.

One more thing to remember is that you will ALWAYS be self conscious to the fact that you're carrying. Every time you move you're gonna wonder if its showing. I do it as well. I'll say though, that most people aren't looking for it, and most will never be able to tell.

Im sure Ive just confused the heck outta ya, and Im sorry! Please keep asking questions, and I'll try to answer what I can!

With you being in a hot environment, I'd say that its more important that you pick an easily concealable firearm. With that in mind, it's gotta be 100% reliable, so no Saturday night specials!
:cheers:

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
69hemibeep said:
I don't carry exposed all the time like folks in your profession don't think about comfort that much, struck me as kinda funny but made sense. Looks nice Steve. On the subject of holsters is there such a thing as a conceal carry holster that doesn't make it look like your carrying, most are bulky and with the light clothing we generally wear down here I end up carrying a pocket 380 rather than the 9MM I would like to carry.

That's a problem with me too. Of course we can't open carry here... except if you're hunting, at the range or on your own property.

I usually end up with a soft pocket holster for my LCP. I have an Alessi holster for my 9mm S & W that goes in the waistband that conceals with the right clothes, but I can't wear Hawaiian shirts everywhere. :jester:

Back