• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Member from South Florida

JJRJR

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm John. Originally from Philly; I'm a 48 year old CPA and I've long wanted to do a nice restoration of a 1969 Roadrunner. Well, just last week I found one a couple hours north of me. It's in pretty rough shape as I would expect for a car 42 years old that spend the last 12 years of its life sitting in a garage in Texas someplace. I'll try to post pics if I can figure it out.

Anyway, I had the car brought to my mechanic that will be pulling the 383 and the 4 speed for a total rebuild. The body? Well, there's some rust on the frame and the trunk is gone and the interior is pretty much empty so need LOTS of parts.

Can't afford a total rottiserie restoration, so gonna do the best I can to bring her back to her original glory. I'll be posting quite a bit I suspect looking for tips on how to get the most HP from the 383, what the best rear gears would be, and most importantly where in the world to find the interior parts/seats for this beast.

Looking forward to chattinng and learning. Thanks for the forum, looks great.

Best,

John

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard, John! :cheers:

You'll find plenty of help here. :thumbsup:

What part of South Florida are you in?

:jester:
ACME

JJRJR

Reaction score
Hi there, I live in Weston, FL. Originally from Philly, moved to Florida in 2004. Had a house in Boynton Beach for several years, now over in Weston/Sunrise area. Can't WAIT to build this beast and show off this old school Mopar Muscle.

Thanks,

John

Roadcuda

Reaction score
Welcome to the bird's nest John from CT. :thumbsup: You came to the right place for info on your new project. There are a lot of knowledgeable guys here who know these cars well. We also have a lot of fun here and run thing a little different then on most other sites. You'll see as you go along here so don't be afraid to join in on the fun.

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Welcome from Pittsburgh John! This is a great site where you'll find a great bunch of guys with LOTS of knowledge and experience. :beep:

Plus, there's a healthy dose of ball-busting around here too! :acme:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome John. post pics! we love projects.
your runner sounds common as far as needed work .lots of places for parts nowadays. here year one moparts e bay.
now for the queston most on our minds........what color is your runner? :D [/color

JJRJR

Reaction score
Wow, thanks for all the welcomes guys. Color? Well it's yellow, similar to basketcase's color? I'm going to change to Ivory Green Mettalic I think it's called, the wife loves the color and if that's all it takes to get the project ok'd, I'm cool with that.

Thanks.

John

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
JJRJR said:
Wow, thanks for all the welcomes guys. Color? Well it's yellow, similar to basketcase's color? I'm going to change to Ivory Green Mettalic I think it's called, the wife loves the color and if that's all it takes to get the project ok'd, I'm cool with that.

Thanks.

John

cool! Green!!! :grouphug: :banana: :banana: :banana: :beep:
mine's supposed to be green as well.
and .......

mcmopar

Reaction score
Hey John - its Ivy Green Metallic - color code F8. Same as my car. Be prepared to catch abuse from the unenlightened philistines on this board who don't appreciate our fine shade of green! :jester:
Your wife has good taste :thumbsup:

JJRJR

Reaction score
Hahaha. Yea, she loves that green, as do I. Wonder how it would look with some type of hood stripes? The ones I've seen are just all green and gorgeous.

J

Back