• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

bmwr673

Reaction score
Not sure if this is where i introduce myself but here goes, I own a 69 black roadrunner with a 383 4 speed. It's been sitting in my garage for about 17 years. It's currently not running but all there in one piece. I purchased it in 95 or 96 while stationed in Germany with the US Air Force (AF). I purchased it from a gentlemen whos wife said he could only have one toy, the roadrunner or the Saab. So he decided to sell the RR to me. Unfortunately war was springing up everywhere (bosnia, desert storm, Iraqi freedom etc etc) and my attention was diverted to staying in one piece and not get injured or killed. Finally i'm retired from the AF and life is some what normal. I can now focus on rebuilding the Bird the way i want too. It's actually my 2nd RR, my first one was a 69 orange colored, vinyl top with 440 automatic that i sold for 200 dollars. Yeah i was dumb and young (18) when i sold it. Anyway now i have another one and plan on restoring it with some 21st century upgrades so i can drive the hell out it here in Las Vegas Nevada. It's an all original matching #s RR so i plan on using a spare 383 that my friend gave me out of his wrecked (actually destoyed) 68 RR. I'll store the original motor and build up the spare 383 and try to get as much HP that i can with out killing my bank account. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated on parts, material etc that are available to rebuild the 383. I'm also looking at installing the Passon 855 five speed manual transmission as well. It "REALLY" needs a 5th gear for highway driving. I'd also want to install an aluminum 6 pack intake, water pump, heads, radiator as well. The heat in Nevada can get ugly so the name of the game is "keep it cool" under the hood. Oh i forgot to mention it does have the air grabber too. Anyway, my reason to join this website is to get some expert advise as well as good tips on parts and ways to set up a RR to run fast, hard and have fun driving down the road. Life is too damn short to not have fun with a mopar and a RR at that. Last but not least, i say, greetings to all you RR fans.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard! :cheers:

Throw some pics of your bird up when you get a chance. Everyone here loves pics. :D

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Welcome aboard. Your not that far away, Just have moparchris build the engine :yesnod:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
welcome form Ohio! and thank you for your service :flag:
Germany is one place I've gotta visit. Post up some pics of your runner (we love projects)
great bunch of fun loving guys here, and one or two actually know something.... :jester:

Back