• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New pics

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
It was very complicated. I ended up giving a great sum of money for that sticker. Luckily it came attached to a free car.

It is way cooler in person. I would love to get a copy made somehow.

Could the car have been at some sort of "Performance Clinic" or ???? You can tell this car has been owned by a car guy pretty much since birth. It had been taken way better care for than the average car.

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
I'm surprised that nobody has jumped on the "white hides bodywork" bandwagon. I hear that all the time, all my life in fact.

I have never figured out how that could be, I guess it means that person down't know how to spot bodywork...

One body shop owner did explain to me that it is such a cool color that the car won't heat up enough to evaporate the moisture from around all the little creases/seams etc. Thus making it rust easily. That at least makes some sense.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
Down here it stays cooler so you can get in your car and not bake the interior :thumbsup:

Basketcase

Keeper of the Green
Reaction score
I've had bodymen tell me that they can make white hide anything. wish Yellow was like that. Love to get ahold of a few of those stickers myself!

Roadcuda

Reaction score
moparstuart said:
moparstuart said:
Basketcase said:
I've had bodymen tell me that they can make white hide anything. wish Yellow was like that. Love to get ahold of a few of those stickers myself!
someone should duplicate it and put 69roadrunner.net on the bottom

I would buy several :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
I like that idea too! :thumbsup: :yesnod: :yesnod:

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
I'll ask my vinyl sign making friend if he can do something like it.

But only for guys with white cars or tan interiors. You green team pukes are SOL...

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
Oh, and red cars and red interiors. They are cool.

I have always wanted a white on red car. I may have to build one someday. I have let a few slip through my fingers over the years.

moparstuart

Reaction score
SomeCarGuy said:
Oh, and red cars and red interiors. They are cool.

I have always wanted a white on red car. I may have to build one someday. I have let a few slip through my fingers over the years.

my buddy 69 charger 500 is white with red gut and red stripe

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
moparstuart said:

I'm pretty sure that the Six-Pack hood is factory original, as are the Rallye Wheel, the Phord Torino GT Wheel, and the Aluminum Slot Wheel, but that black steel wheel and whitewall tire were definitely added after it left the factory... :lmao:

:jester:

moparstuart

Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparstuart said:

I'm pretty sure that the Six-Pack hood is factory original, as are the Rallye Wheel, the Phord Torino GT Wheel, and the Alumiinum Slot Wheel, but that black steel wheel and whitewall tire were definitely added after it left the factory... :lmao:

if you look on the roll back bed floor under the car is the factory stock hood , he had those junk wheels on it because it was at the body shop. This was the day he picked it up . He has brand new repop recall wheels for it . They look so good on the 500's .
He is getting close to having it all finished and back together . Tallegega aerocar reunion in late october nov is his goal .

He is the aero car king has two real hemi daytona , 1 real superbird , one superbird clone . and one torino talledega ,and one mercury cyclone spoiler II . and of course this 500 . That makes all the aero warriors under one roof .

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index ... 577.0.html pictures of this red gut cars restoration here and pictures of his other aero cars

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
ACME A12 said:
moparstuart said:

I'm pretty sure that the Six-Pack hood is factory original, as are the Rallye Wheel, the Phord Torino GT Wheel, and the Aluminum Slot Wheel, but that black steel wheel and whitewall tire were definitely added after it left the factory... :lmao:

And you were just saying the other day you liked modified cars :lol:

SomeCarGuy

Reaction score
That is a cool car :thumbsup:

One of my all time favorites is from IN, at least it was. It is a 69 Daytona, white on red with red stripe. I think it is a 3 pedal car as well. Stunnign in person. I saw it a year or two in a row at the Clay City show, but I haven't been to that show in years.

ACME A12

Plaid Sport Coat Wearing Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
moparstuart said:
He is the aero car king has two real hemi daytona , 1 real superbird , one superbird clone . and one torino talledega ,and one mercury cyclone spoiler II . and of course this 500 . That makes all the aero warriors under one roof .

Fortunately for me, I think all of the members here are to a man car guys first so I'm not going to be sent to the stoning pit for stating this, but I really like those phord aero cars too...especially the Cyclones! Kinda disappointing that the 428 Talledegas were only available with the grannymatics though (my personal preference - duly noted) - not sure about the Spoiler II's - anyone know?

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
The first Cyclone Aero car I ever saw was in front of my high school about 1970. A guy I knew was being dropped off in it.... The car was filthy from being driven in the Syracuse winter weather... probably even had snow tires on it.... Turned out to be some older friend of his owned the car. I saw it a couple times after that and then never saw it again.

moparstuart

Reaction score
some of the ford aero cars from our aero reunion @ monster mopar weekend last year

I am not a big fan of them , but they were the first aerocars and caused the aero war . Without them my mopar aerocars would never have been made .

Back