• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New roadrunner owner from australia

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
It really did make a mess. We use to take a piece of pipe and some metal and make a guard that went from lower frame rail to rail. They do sell them now premade. :steering:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I am with you on that brother. I don't have any more tears and very little money. Hope I have enough to finish the car. Runner brother Russ.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Man and I thought my floor pan was bad. Do you think that is so you could replace the front Unie joint by no pulling the drive line. Just a touch of humor. When pulling my floor pan. Found some guy cut the old one off near the inner rocker's and slapped the new one over the pieces he left. I was lived had to do twice the work to get it all cleaned up. Good luck my friend just don't understand why some people do this kind of work. :steering:

Rapid Transit

Just A Traveler In Time
Reaction score
Good belated day.
It looks like what happened in Vegas did not stay in Vegas.
To coin a phrase.

peresvet24

Reaction score
Welcome aboard!
That's right Be proud you own one of the best muscle car's ever made.
Well said! Russ,

george68hemirr

I think you guys are full of shit.
Reaction score
i would get rid of that driveshaft....you dont need the big ring weight on there....is it me or is that driveshaft on backwards?

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Nope that is the way it goes. Counter weight behind the transmission. But I am like you I would get rid of it with a new drive shaft. :D

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
That weight act's like a gyro to keep every thing in line. Should give you less vibration when driving. Like in the floor board and down the tunnel. But when you brake the Universal joint up their it is a killer to the floor pan and tunnel. :steering:

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
I'm sure it is for vibration but is it a supplier or model thing going on?

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
I had the same thing on my charger. Think it was and engineering thing they came up with. In those day's. This seemed to be a mopar thing. Have not seen them on Ford or Chevy's.

quikbird

Reaction score
Standard practice on driveshaft construction is to check for runout and balance it. Most have a weight welded somewhere for this

Back