• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New roadrunner owner from australia

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Yes that is so Quickbird. All drive shafts have to be balanced. But Mopar is the only one's I have seen that had the damper on it. When going to the junk yard back in the 60s and later 70 you could tell what was mopar by the damper. It did not balance the drive shaft it was for vibration.

Rich B

Reaction score
7F94AFFC-090B-47B9-8CEB-DB5AE4EB60CF.jpeg I was under the impression that Plymouth was always a bit advanced from counterparts. They had the Hemi, moniker on passenger rocker panel only?, left handed lug threads and now I’ve learned the driveshaft. Can it be Plymouth now ranks with Studebaker, Tucker and other ideas way ahead before “never” accepted. DeLorian naw, different but couldn’t get out of its own way.

Dodge, same difference, friend sent over this old advertisement. Thought for a second a resurrection, circa ‘79......

Last edited:

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
Probably because the one thing is they wanted the ladies to enjoy driving the muscle cars as well as men like the counter spring on the clutch so the girls could drive the heavy spring clutch. Figured you might have the answer Bob.

Russ69Runner

Reaction score
So after calling around found that they put them on the 68 models but not on 69 and 70 ones. They put them on front wheel drive cars to take vibration out of the drive line. Other manufacturing are putting them on also 2011 ranger and other's. It was one of those thing's they did away with on mopar's. Think I will keep mine it will help not to feel so much vibration on the drive line or on the shifter. Quite is better and smoother. Russ.

Back