• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Roscoe!

Big John

Sit back, relax Don't bitch about the cigar smoke
Reaction score
I've been wanting another single action handgun for a while now. I've looked at a few, almost made a deal on one a couple weeks ago, but decided to wait. I saw this at a shop near where I was working the other day and the price was right and the gun (used) was just about perfect condition.

Ruger Super Blackhawk, stainless steel, .44 Magnum.

DSCF7112.jpg

Jim S.

Reaction score
Love those Blackhawks. its the only handgun I can shoot straight. I don't have a dominate eye so handguns are tough for me. The Mrs. and I are going to a gun show tomorrow morning because she just got her CCW. Maybe I better shop for kevlar vests! :lol:

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
VERY nice piece Big John!!!! :thumbsup: That's a powerful weapon.

I have been wanting the Ruger convertible six (.22lr /.22Mag) for quite a while.

dobie

Reaction score
Very nice! Id love to pick one of those up someday.

I recently picked up my first wheelgun: A Ruger SP101 3" .357mag. I love it. Its a very nice shooter, and I love having full power .357 mag loads available.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
John. I have the Redhawk in the same caliber. I load my own HOT, but just a standard load in a 44 mag packs one heck of a wollop. Nice

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
Bob, Does the Redhawk have a slightly longer cylinder? I own a Taurus Raging Bull .44 Mag and it accepts the Buffalo Bore, the cylinder is a little longer plus it has a dual lockup.

69hemibeep

Sponge Bob Square Wheels
Reaction score
roadrunnerh said:
Bob, Does the Redhawk have a slightly longer cylinder? I own a Taurus Raging Bull .44 Mag and it accepts the Buffalo Bore, the cylinder is a little longer plus it has a dual lockup.
Here it is I don't think the cylinder is any longer and they use a plate that covers the firing pin until full pulled either double or single action, they came out with the super redhawk after I bought this one. I have fired both the red and blackhawks and they are completely different animals do to the grip and barrel weight, with the western grip like Big has the gun recoils strait up and the DA grip is what I call them the gun goes back, up and to the right as if the the rifling is causing it to turn at least that's what I found, but both great to shoot.

jays69bird

Reaction score
0316101953a.jpg

Nice pistol,the Rugers are nice but I still love my Model 29 Smith,in fact makes me want to geet my copy of "The Enforcer" out. Love that 44 mag.

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
My addition to the .44 Magnum thread......

[attachment=0:6cmvrzdy]Raging Bull Image.jpg[/attachment:6cmvrzdy]

Raging Bull Image.jpg

roadrunnerh

Reaction score
......and a S&W Model 28 .357 4" barrel N Frame "Highway Patrolman"

[attachment=0:1qgwywal]S&W Model 28 Highway Patrolman.jpg[/attachment:1qgwywal]

S&W Model 28 Highway Patrolman.jpg

Back